Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gotta love this uniquely Millwall view of the Albion!!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
"2-1 to brighton. f***ing hard place to go and they play the most annoying, frustrating tippy tappy bollocks you'll ever see. teams just give up i think. hate the way they play football. watford were doing it this year too."

It's all here.

So we can expect to see a bunch of softly snoring stevedores carried out from the South Stand by half time…

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
"2-1 to brighton. f***ing hard place to go and they play the most annoying, frustrating tippy tappy bollocks you'll ever see. teams just give up i think. hate the way they play football. watford were doing it this year too."

It's all here.

So we can expect to see a bunch of softly snoring stevedores carried out from the South Stand by half time…

They have a valid point.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Yeah I hate the way we play too, passing to feet, creating space etc. Would much prefer route one lumping it up to a big carthorse up front to swing a leg at.

:jester:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Quite frankly, it's rude of us to try and maintain possession rather than giving them a good chance of winning it back

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can imagine it is pretty annoying when you're on the other team.
That is until they realise at any given time:-
There's at least 7 behind the ball.
1 on the ball.
Only 1 winger overlapping, who WILL cut in.
The other is being less than effective.
And a centre forward who either can't hit a cows bum/is easily marked out of the game. (delete as appropriate)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Had a look at the HOF board this morning, and there are always threads that make me laugh.

This one above, and I did also like the 'Why Jesus was a Millwall fan' as well.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I remember when we played them at the Den and all the predictions were for a comprehensive defeat. Fair few Jackett outs as well.

They picked up shortly after and rightfully are confident now.

Tough game as they all are. Could go either way

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

It's all here.

Makes me love the way we play even more!!!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I agree with the Millwall post and, to be honest, I share their frustration at watching
it when we seem unable to convert that into bloody goals.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Who cares what they think... Was only in the summer when Spain were being called "boring" for their style of passing football... What would they rather watch? Wimbledon/Stoke style hoof it up play

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The thing is there are more than two ways of playing football, it's not as simple as TIPPY TAPPY or HOOF is it? We really should learn to mix it up a little... There's plenty of successful and attractive teams that play a mixture...

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I remember Swansea doing this to us a few years ago, in the league cup or something, we hardly got a kick.....and yes it was frustrating and boring to watch.

If Millwall have scouted the Forest match expect Buckley to get scythed down at the first opportunity.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5376010 said:
The thing is there are more than two ways of playing football, it's not as simple as TIPPY TAPPY or HOOF is it? We really should learn to mix it up a little... There's plenty of successful and attractive teams that play a mixture...

I think Gus has recognisd this and more recently achieved it. In the first half at Huddersfield, at Charlton and in the first half against Forest we switched to a higher tempo when the opportunity arose, and created plenty of chances. My personal view is that we are playing as good football as any I have watched in 41 seasons!

PG

Dandyman

In London village.
Optimistic lot, are n't they ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here