Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got any ideas for Dougie?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
CRYSTAL Palace manager Dougie Freedman is urging the club's supporters to come up with ideas to boost the current attendances at Selhurst Park.

Just under 13,000 fans were in SE25 for the visit of Cardiff City last Saturday, but with the Eagles playing an attacking brand of football this season, the boss is looking for all kind of fan options to be put forward.

Crystal Palace boss Dougie Freedman wants fresh ideas to bring in higher attendances at Selhurst Park

"I just think we've just got to think along the lines of 'what can we do to help the fans?' and I think we're playing the right style of football," he exclusively told Advertiser Sport.

"As a club, we run in it in the right way as we're giving a lot of opportunities to young local players and I think we just try our best for the fans.

"Do they need to buy a block of tickets or something like a half-season ticket? Anything to bring some more in and pull together, because everyone will benefit more with a better atmosphere at Crystal Palace.

"There are people out there who spend the hard-earned money and have better ideas, but I just think it's great to support your local team.

"If anyone has got any ideas, please write in or send an email to the club so people can afford it, but if we can help in any way, and I don't know what that is, maybe a two-for-one deal?

"I do have a responsibility to manage the club and I enjoy doing that, so to have that good experience of coming to watch the team is something I will try to do."

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Oh My! Dougie

They wont like that in SE25. At least he speaks the truth about attendances:clap:

Is he admitting that their support is poor then ?

If so then he must be the first pikey to do so as they all seem to think everything is hunky dory and their gates are "on the up" to quote one of the gamesmakers that has found his way onto this board.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Surely the Games Makers, aka The Odd Squad, will solve ALL the attendance problems?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
He could always try washing his hair.

Strange, though, isn't it. Even when they give tickets away, still no-one wants to go.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
They might want to consider rebranding to playing in blue and white, calling themselves Brighton and being our B-side.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Empty the local nick and take them all down under armed guard +2700
Organise a mystery tour for all the old folk homes in the area with tea and biscuits at half time +6000
Recind the lifetime bans on all the Palarse hoolies +3
Bouncy castle at half time with music by Roy Castle and free face painting +5

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They've tried Group-on, didn't work! But I have an idea, when someone spends over £10 in an Aldi in the Croydon area, they get a sellhurst ticket printed on the back of their till receipt. I think they could increase attendances by a couple of hundred whilst driving sales for Aldi! ....two birds & all that!

Seriously I reckon that for one of their home games when they usually get about 10,000 (Bristol City or Peterborough) they should throw open the gates and make it FREE admission.

Then for their next home game make it just a £1 entrance fee - and see how many thousands the attendance falls by.:O

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Even Kayla doesnt bother to turn up these days"

"I know it's early days, but we have not won a game without Kayla there, I really think she should go if she can't be bothered to turn up to Selhurst.
Also flying from Box to Box what is all that about, Boring , Negative flying, Supporters will not put up with that, I think we should get another Eagle in that plays all over the pitch, If we can't afford that, get a Kestral, or Hawk in on loan, to excite the Selhurst faithfull,
I know Kayla is already becoming a Palace legend, But if she wasn't, would she still be here ?, I have heard their is a American Eagle in Bromley that might take up the post.
I know i will get shot down in flames, but i am not prepared to watch boring pre-match flying, It's so negative, infact anti-Eagle springs to mind.
Come on CPFC 2010, pull your finger out and spend the cash on exciting birds that will pull the crowds in.
Thoughts ?

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Does anyone else think he looks really ill in all his interviews?

Jimmy Grimble

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Dougie. Nothing you can do will bolster attendences, the ground is shit, the atmosphere shit and your brand of football also shit. The attendences of 13000 will be suitable for footy in League 1 next year...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here