Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got a Dell laptop? Don't want to spontaneously ignite? Check it out... [updated]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got a Dell laptop? Don't want to spontaneously ignite? Check it out...

From BBC:

Computer giant Dell is to recall 4.4 million laptop power adapters because of a fear they could overheat, creating a risk of fire or electric shock.

The company said it had received seven reports of overheating, though no injuries had been reported.

The worldwide recall covers adapters sold with some Dell Latitude, Precision and Inspiron notebooks between September 1998 and February 2002.

Customers who are concerned should visit delladapterprogram.com.

Each adapter that needs to be recalled has the words "DELL" and "P/N 9364U," P/N 7832D" or "P/N 4983D" written on the back.

Roughly 990,000 of the adapters involved in the recall were sold to US consumers, and the rest overseas or to American corporate customers. Other affected adapters were also sold separately.

Customers who bought them will get a free replacement adapter, Dell said.

Check here:

https://www.delladapterprogram.com/Main.aspx

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Ive got a Lattitude D800 I haven't got the power supply with me as I use a docking station at work, its not on the list but it is OK ????

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Been swapping out Dells for HPs recently, I used to rate Dell but would now far sooner have an HP/Compaq as they are just plain better.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hope they don't send a replacement to my flammable noose with which i plan to snare and slave myself in coming months. I want branding and orders.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
bhaexpress said:
Been swapping out Dells for HPs recently, I used to rate Dell but would now far sooner have an HP/Compaq as they are just plain better.

I get my Dell for free, so I don't say things like that BUT I know what you mean !!!

VAIO is the king of the hill though !!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
VAIOs are the dogs I agree but they are like all Sony Products, a lot more expensive and not THAT much better. The Dells I've been taking out are all desktops but the company I am doing it for say that they are very unreliable. Additionally many of the cases which are plastic are falling apart. The HPs we're sticking in (really Compaqs) are far better built with a metal case which means they will take a lot of stick. Of the 3000+ installed so far the number of total hardware failures is less than one per cent, pretty good going I reckon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
FIXTURES

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here