Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gormless Gideons future in freefall.

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
A YouGov poll for the Sunday Times showed just 15 percent of voters thought Osborne was doing a good job. Only one in five say Prime Minister David Cameron should keep his right-hand man, a result echoed in a Sunday Mirror/Independent on Sunday poll by Comres.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Osborne embodies the tory stereotype. Look at his mug.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A further 0.4 negative growth for the 2nd quarter 2012 after a 0.3% and 0.4 negative growth and a 0.5% overall negative growth since the coalition took over in 2010. Utterly clueless.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Osborne needs to quit his "second job" as policy chief for the Tories and actually concentrate on being Chancellor. Not that that would suddenly turn things around and make him a good Chancellor but the idea that he's in charge of the UK economy, at a time like this, and isn't giving it 100% of his time/attention is nothing short of scandalous.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Osborne needs to quit his "second job" as policy chief for the Tories and actually concentrate on being Chancellor.

given he's supposed to be guiding strategy makes his failure all the more galling. just how has he managed to f*** it up so badly, doing nothing in the last budget would have been an excellent approach. he's following Brown's model, fiddling around with a hundred economic knobs to tweak the output, but missing the broader outloook. he could be gaining praise for lower inflation right now, instead all everyone remembers is pasty taxes.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
File:George_osborne_hi.jpg

How can you not see that face and just want to punch it?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I doubt he gives a shit, he's in the elite and Id be astounded if he hasn't got richer in the time that he's been at the controls f***ing it up for the common man. Evil cock.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brown wasn't a bad chancellor, just an extraordinary bad PM. Osborne is just a public school retard (IMHO)

Yep, I'd agree with that. Osborne strikes me as totally clueless. I just don't see an end to this cycle of recession / poor growth with him at the financial helm.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
In need of some education here:

What is that makes a chancellor good or bad? (Besides getting the country out of this, er, situation) And why is Osborne so bad?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
At least Brown made a policy and kept to it. Does anything Osbourne put into a budget actually happen before he U-turns whilst we plummet to financial oblivion?

Agreed. Unfortunately u-turns seem popular in politics currently - both from the coalition and the local Green council. Add to that the fact that the official opposition have no alternative policies ( and they'd probably change their mind if they did ! ) and the whole political arena in this country at the moment is a joke. Like them or loathe them, at least Thatcher and Blair had some balls and stuck to their policies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here