Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Ramsay's Oz debacle

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i read abou this, supposed to be really offensive. is that really it? dont see the problem, tells a few jokes, compares someone he doesnt like to a pig. and exactly where does he refer to her as a lesbian? is this really important enough to get the Australian PM involved in? its bearly important enough for NSC.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You have to say from this clip that the bloke's a complete arse. Apparently the Oz Prime Minister has got involved. Why doesn't he just stick to cooking? The Susan Boyle stuff as well! :nono:

YouTube - Gordon ramsay the dig at tracey grimshaw

I might be wrong that but isn't what the fuss has been made about.

He insulted a female interviewer during an interview and the clip above is him simply reacting to the press coverage of it.

Edited: I see what happened now.

I read in the newspaper how he'd been attacked for making odd comments about a mole on the face of a female interviewer.

Caused a bit of a fuss (even other here) and know he's gone even further.

Can't see what the problem with the bloke is, great chef but an utter utter arse.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I should really like Gordon, His recipes can be wonderful, he understands the restaurant business through and through, he does a lot of charity work but.....why does he have to be so foul mouthed ?... oh, forget saying things like " Oh, he is so passionate about food and sometimes he goes over the top". Well, if you see him on daytime tv when he has a new series or book to puff he manages to still be passionate but without the gutter language.. Sorry, the guys an arse and he needs to clean up his act.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
PR stunt by Ramsey .
Trying to be outrageous but its all fallen a bit flat .
Channel 9 are the same TV Network that air his televison shows .
Ticket sales for his 'live' cooking show tour are well down on his previous visit .
He's also got a restaurant that's meant to be opening in Melbourne next February ..
Last year , his was everywhere and the public couln't get enough of him .
He's well & truly , 'jumped the shark' .

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Tracy Grimshaw's whole show is garbage and creates its stories from hassling people and sensationalism.

Naturally as soon as someone has a crack back at her she has a sook.

So to that I say Tracy Grimshaw you are a fat,ugly pig and you're a second rate hypocrite of a suppossed journo.

He's probably unlucky as he's done it at a time where anything to do with women is a very PC and sensitive area due to the rugby league furore.

Where once again a female jouno sensationlises a story, creates a media/political storm by exposing an ex-player, ruins his life and career only for us to find out the woman in question was just a dirty whore all along.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
i read abou this, supposed to be really offensive. is that really it? dont see the problem, tells a few jokes, compares someone he doesnt like to a pig. and exactly where does he refer to her as a lesbian? is this really important enough to get the Australian PM involved in? its bearly important enough for NSC.

Because the present Australian Government is a bunch of PC sycophants who love to use any kind of incident they can get their hands on to distract the voters from realising they are a f***ing useless troupe of arse clowns.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The bloke's an arse, dosen't know when to stop.
When I get home from work I never use the sort of language that's used on site. He swears a lot during his TV shows because he knows that it is what is expected, not that I condone it.
Swearing means that you do not have enough command of the English language to find the appropriate words for a given situation.
I have found, to my experience that the right words said in a certain way can have a much better effect than expletives.
Gordon, leave it in the office.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Because the present Australian Government is a bunch of PC sycophants who love to use any kind of incident they can get their hands on to distract the voters from realising they are a f***ing useless troupe of arse clowns.

Like cancelling their solar energy rebate yesterday with no bloody warning.....Its all smoke an mirrors with this lot, same as howard.

Where in Geelong are you? i'm in the West

Stumpy Tim

That Rugby League group sex story was a joke. So some rugby players took it in turns to shag some slapper - who was more than willing to join in... What's the big deal? My wife didn't understand what the fuss was about either.

Ramsay was out of order on this one though. She had actually gone out of her way to make life easy for him by avoiding the topic of him cheating on his wife... and then started comparing her to a pig... He's a nob jockey

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ramsey brings it on himself but this is a storm in a tea cup, haven't the Australian government got better things to do ?

Stumpy Tim

Ramsey brings it on himself but this is a storm in a tea cup, haven't the Australian government got better things to do ?

Not really... we're not in a recession. :lolol: Though we do all have Swine Flu it seems.

It's no different to Gordon Brown talking about Susan Boyle, or Tony Blair calling for Glenn Hoddle to be sacked a few years ago. All politicians do it

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not really... we're not in a recession. :lolol: Though we do all have Swine Flu it seems.

It's no different to Gordon Brown talking about Susan Boyle, or Tony Blair calling for Glenn Hoddle to be sacked a few years ago. All politicians do it

Still ridiculous though. Mind you I am no fan of Ramsey, why does he have to swear all of the time ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ramsey is a foul mouthed lying womaniser, twat of the highest order.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
His days are numbered in my opinion

Clearly someomne who runs a business empire worth in excess of £60m has his days numbered. Not condoning the continuous swearing, I find it very tedious, but that's his on-screen persona - it's what people expect to see, it is not how he behaves at home, or anywhere really (except maybe his work kitchen sometimes).

As for the Aus thing - it's all a set-up for the publicity. Blimey, he even has the Aus PM talking about him - that sort of publicity would have cost him millions to buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here