Gordon RAMSAY was in Haywards Heath today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So I'm leaving work this evening at 5.30 down Perrymount Road in the HEATH, and joining the usual logjam of traffic heading up towards the one-way system of traffic lights at The Star. And as I'm sitting there in the car, I notice on the path to my left a guy holding one of those hairy boom mikes, alongside another guy with a camera on his shoulder. As I'm just sitting there stationary (quite literally) picking my nose waiting for the lights to change, I regard them with mild interest, as there was also a fine young filly in a tight-fitting skirt and a clipboard ambling around. Anyway, all of a sudden theres a familiar figure striding down straight past them in a tan jacket and desigener jeans. None other than the unmistakable creasy-chinned cleftmeister and all-round foul-mouthed superchef, Gordon Ramsay.

Now I'll admit here to being something of a fan. I loved The F Word and Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares, and I've read his autobiography, all hugely entertaining. I assume (hope) he is featuring a restaurant in Haywards Heath for his troubleshooting Kitchen Nightmare series (I think theres a new one due out before the end of the year). My guess, if he is, would be the Blue India opposite the Star. Opened a couple of years ago, looked the bee's knees from the outside to begin with, but now seems to have gone a bit shabby (someones nicked the N in India for starters from the sign). But WHO KNOWS ?

Anyway, whenever his new series cranks up on C4, you may well see a mid-Sussex restaurant featured, along with a hairy bloke performing some nasal excavation in a traffic jam. Now if that doesn't make you tune in, I don't know WHAT will.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
MUST be for a TV programme, no one would come to Haywards Heath out of choice surely???

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Gordon Ramsay cooked up a scene at Haywards Heath station by setting up a barbecue for commuters.
The celebrity chef was filming for a new Channel 4 series of Kitchen Nightmares.

Mr Ramsay has been spotted in various locations across Sussex over the past week, including Bar Nun and The Priory in Syresham Gardens, Haywards Heath. On Thursday, he was spotted enjoying a relaxing drink at B52s in Horsham town centre.

And on Friday, Gordon Ramsay treated surprised commuters to a taste of his culinary skills by serving up a mouth-watering barbecued steak on French bread.

Mr Ramsay posed for group photos and signed autographs in between short bursts of filming, and even spoke to a fan on a mobile phone.

Andrew Clarke was one of the many fans to be happy to see the star. He said: "I had to do a double take when I walked past. Who would have thought it, Gordon Ramsay in Haywards Heath?"

A spokesman for Channel 4 confirmed that Mr Ramsay was at The Priory restaurant in Haywards Heath for his new series of Kitchen nightmares.

My claim to fame, I live in PRIORY WAY:thumbsup:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I saw him aswell, he was at the front of Cafe Rouge, i wondered why there was cameras everywhere, then saw him and thought "oh....its Gordon Ramsay" and then went, exciting stuff...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was in the Argus a few weeks ago that he'd been to tart up the Priory.

Bit of a Sussex theme going on after he worked his magic on Ruby Tate's in Kemp Town (now rebranded Love's, I believe). Hey, he made Momma Cherri a fortune, the rest of them must be queuing up for the treatment.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It was in the Argus a few weeks ago that he'd been to tart up the Priory.

Bit of a Sussex theme going on after he worked his magic on Ruby Tate's in Kemp Town (now rebranded Love's, I believe). Hey, he made Momma Cherri a fortune, the rest of them must be queuing up for the treatment.

The programme resumes in September. I was on my lunch break in St James St when he came past with a band and a dancing lobster and herring!! No, I hadn't touched a drop.
As Edna said, he was advertising Love's in Kemp Town. The 'parade' was being filmed and Gordon was asking people to join in. He stopped and asked me. One of the film crew asked me to sign a form to agree to be shown on tv (that bit will end on the cutting room floor anyway)

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The programme resumes in September. I was on my lunch break in St James St when he came past with a band and a dancing lobster and herring!! No, I hadn't touched a drop.
As Edna said, he was advertising Love's in Kemp Town. The 'parade' was being filmed and Gordon was asking people to join in. He stopped and asked me. One of the film crew asked me to sign a form to agree to be shown on tv (that bit will end on the cutting room floor anyway)

Hes been spotted in Brighton most days this week by mates of mine, I hope hes not house hunting !!!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Watch it......someone will read that as "Gordan Ramsey to invest in the Albion":lolol:

As long as he gets a starting spot as centre forward, will be his creteria for investing :lolol:

Ramsay upfront, with a nice barbecue at half-time, could be a crowd puller!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
My claim to fame is BETTER. I had a drink with him in Bar Nun a few weeks ago after he'd finished filming one evening.

You win:down:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I saw him at the beginning of july where he must have been doing a programme for hes next show in september.

I was walking up St. James street as needed cash and the bus wasn't due for awhile, so thought id walk up to the cashpoints then get the bus at the next stop. As i was walking up i passed a bloke who i thought i reconised, i looked back and realised it was Kerry Mayo. I then turned to head back up the road when a film crew came out of the resturant with Ramsey and he was saying goodbye to someone over the road in a taxi. Turned out it was Zoe Ball, a couple of minutes later Norman Cook walked out of the resturant. Then the bus turned up so didn't find out if there were any other local celebs inside!

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
My girlfriends mother had dinner with him either tonight or last night, not sure what the mrs said...

D

Deleted User X18H

DO YOU MEAN GEO WATTS & SON .......personal friends of mine actually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports