Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gordon McQueen

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
:thumbsup:

There seemed to be a number of players who appeared regularly, from memory: Mick Channon, Andy Gray, Gordon McQueen and Ray Clemence.
Bingo! My god if I was to name any others I’d have definitely included Mick Channon, Andy Gray (of Wolves!) and Ray Clemence too. This is getting a bit spooky…! :ohmy::lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That makes me feel really really really old

70's too young for a fit and active person, lost my Dad at 70 - no age at all if you've lived well (healthilly well...)
Sorry to hit you with this but….THATS BECAUSE YOU ARE!! (and me!) :)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
As a 7 year old who didn’t know much about football, he stood out for me in the ‘83 cup final as being one of ‘the others team’s’ best players. RIP
Whereas my recollection was that we came away from the game thinking we had blown our big chance, as 'McQueen won't play so poorly next time'.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Whereas my recollection was that we came away from the game thinking we had blown our big chance, as 'McQueen won't play so poorly next time'.
Like I said, I was only 7 and knew nothing about football!

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
70's too young for a fit and active person
This is the elephant in the room, he wasn't fit, he should have been, but he wasn't. The game has a massive problem on its hands, or rather should I say, head. I for one really dislike the idea of football without headers, but given the ever mounting evidence I don't see there is any other choice than to take them out of the game. RIP Gordon McQueen

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
In the 1983 FA Cup Final he sliced a ball into the stands where I was sitting (having had a knee op after standing behind the goal on the previous Saturday). Everyone around me leapt up to get the ball, which then hit me in the face as I couldn’t get out of the way.
Unfortunately it wasn’t shown on TV due to bad camera angles.
Thanks for the memory Gordon 🤕😊
Think we scored following that corner?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here