Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
For me has to earn his shirt back, back 4 looked solid today:clap2:
Agree or not?

Agreed Good player but as Capitan should know better. If Gus goes by his rules that if you are playing well you keep the shirt then he may have a bit of a wait before getting the arm band back

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He will be first name on the team sheet as he offers so much more than just defensive ability - sorry but I suspect AeA will be sitting on the bench come next weekend (unless Dunk has gone by then).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In Greer's defence the back 4 had their easiest game of the season as well as Brez.
Did Bristol City have one shot on target today?

Yes, a free kick at the end saved by Brez.

But you'd probably gone by then.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
In Greer's defence the back 4 had their easiest game of the season as well as Brez.
Did Bristol City have one shot on target today?

Definitely the worst side to visit the Amex so far, I think

Or was it we were defensively sound Al Abd has fitted straight back in, i prefer Vincelot to painter he looks solid

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Straight back in the team, gus was saying a few weeks ago that greer was the best center back in the championship. And that he should be in the next scotland squad. So there is no way i can see him being left on the bench.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Considering that was (I think) the first time they'd played together at CB, I thought Bomber and Dunk were absolutely superb today. OK, City were dire, but a part of that was because those two completely snuffed Maynard and Wood out of the game. It was great to see some of Dunks forays into their half too.

Have to say, I think El Abd in particualar looks utterly undroppable. He did not put a foot wrong, his positioning and anticipation was spot on again. Everything you want from a centreback.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Twice Brizzle had clear headers on goal and both times it was El Abd they went past to get the opportunity. He's not match fit yet so he has an excuse, but for me Greer goes straight back in.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I remember when he first came to us and was suspended. El-Abd and Elphick were playing really well together and Greer didn't get in the team, even when he had just been made captain.

But then he came in the team and we won the league. Would we have stayed top all season without him? Hard to say, I suspect not though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Back 4 to remain unchanged, johhny byrne said Horse straight back in, I disagree esp impressed with Dunk, back to calm & dominant ways of earlier b4 cards totted up & got anxious

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that perhaps not next week as I believe Greer will be on the bench but after that Dunk will make way for Greer to reform his partnership with El Abd as he did so well last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here