Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer v Robert Lewandowski

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Gordon Strachan : @VauxhallScot: GS: "Gordon Greer looks nothing like a footballer. He looks like a rock star at a testimonial but he was absolutely fantastic." #POLSCO

:lol: :clap:

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Doesn't get the adulation he deserves, our Gordon. Admittedly it's odd to see a centre half build hero status, but Greer is now in our 4th consecutive season with us as a key member of a side that has consistently performed to a pretty high standard - and as Captain no less. How many players in our history can boast that kind of record? When you consider our defence has been the main strength of our side over the last few years it makes his lack of recognition all the more odd. Plus I've only ever heard positive stuff about him, I can't remember a single negative story.

Be great if we had a song for him.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Overall thoughts on his performance? From what I saw he was solid in the first half, what did everyone think of the second?

Good result for the Tartan Army.

the jocks are a good side to watch in a great group. good game tonight, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Greer had a very good game, but the Spanish referee is a blind ****. Greer should have seen a red card for this...

greer.jpg

... he wasn't interested in the ball at all, but attacked Lewandowski with a straight leg. Polish NT (and I hope Bayern Munich too) will file an official complaint.

Scotland is a good team and they deserved the draw. Wouldn't it be nice if Poland and Scotland qualified (and Ireland after play-offs), and Germans stayed home? :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Greer had a very good game, but the Spanish referee is a blind ****. Greer should have seen a red card for this...

greer.jpg

... he wasn't interested in the ball at all, but attacked Lewandowski with a straight leg. Polish NT (and I hope Bayern Munich too) will file an official complaint.

Scotland is a good team and they deserved the draw. Wouldn't it be nice if Poland and Scotland qualified (and Ireland after play-offs), and Germans stayed home? :)

Pah. RL is clearly the one swinging his leg wildly at GG. I hope Gordon's okay.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Now to be fair, if another player had made that challenge on say Ulloa when he was here, people would be calling for his head and saying it was a career ending challenge and could have changed our entire season, robbing us of a precious asset in one reckless moment...

But that's a Brighton player. So it doesn't count. WELL IN GG!! :albion:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Now to be fair, if another player had made that challenge on say Ulloa when he was here, people would be calling for his head and saying it was a career ending challenge and could have changed our entire season, robbing us of a precious asset in one reckless moment...

What rubbish. NSC is recognised for its spirit of fair play. And the Albion would not employ players capable of unfair or reckless play. If Mr Greer thought that somehow he had made a foul he would have informed the referee.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What rubbish. NSC is recognised for its spirit of fair play. And the Albion would not employ players capable of unfair or reckless play. If Mr Greer thought that somehow he had made a foul he would have informed the referee.

I stand corrected. It's a shame the above picture is cropped though, GGs halo is just out of shot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Bayern Munich striker will go for a scan on his return to see if he has suffered any damage to his leg. Greer, the Brighton and Hove Albion defender, made his mark on Lewandowski early on with a crunching tackle after just 10 minutes in the 2-2 draw in Warsaw, an incident which referee Alberto Mallenco did not even deem to be a foul.

"I was very surprised I didn't even get a free-kick," said Lewandowski. "It was a brutal foul and I was in pain until the end of the game. I hope the injury is nothing serious, but I will get tests today. With every step, I had to clench my teeth and hope my teammates would help me out, which they did. I have a huge hole in my shin pad and that speaks for itself.

"The tackle didn't just rip my sock - it broke my shin pad! You can hardly break a shin pad with a hammer and nails, so that shows how hard the tackle was! I dread to think what would have happened if I didn't have the shinpad on."

Grrrrrrrrr.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here