Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer today

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I thought Bruno was more at fault with the goal. Lets face it Kenwyne Jones got no joy against Greer and they took him off. I thought Greer had a decent game.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I thought he had a decent game in general but had 3 shockers that cost us 2 points and could have cost us 3.

For the goal he just stood like a statue in no-man's land when surely he had to put himself in a position to cut off any cross into the danger area which is where it went.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
**** me the idiots out in force tonight on NSC.

10 games unbeaten, 3 pts clear top of the league, and we have threads that our captain isn't good enough, Baldock isn't good enough, we need this, we need that....

Thought we were great today, we look a quality side with team spirit spilling over like cherry sauce off an ice cream sundae.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
**** me the idiots out in force tonight on NSC.

10 games unbeaten, 3 pts clear top of the league, and we have threads that our captain isn't good enough, Baldock isn't good enough, we need this, we need that....

Thought we were great today, we look a quality side with team spirit spilling over like cherry sauce off an ice cream sundae.

We're only 2 points clear, and if you read my previous posts, I'm not moaning. I was commenting that GGwasnt as good today as his previous performances at home this season, if that makes me an idiot, I can live with it

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Greer wasn't that bad. Other than his miss. However Dunk was immense, and should be starting. Clearly our best centre half.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We're only 2 points clear, and if you read my previous posts, I'm not moaning. I was commenting that GGwasnt as good today as his previous performances at home this season, if that makes me an idiot, I can live with it

Yeah, it really needs a separate thread for you to highlight this crucial individual insight.

Pretty much every other reply you've had suggested he was all right to very good. Go figure.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Gordon Greer was back to his form of last season. Well OK but is an important position. So much better it may be he was carrying an injury before ???

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yeah, it really needs a separate thread for you to highlight this crucial individual insight.

Pretty much every other reply you've had suggested he was all right to very good. Go figure.

He was at fault for the goal, he let in Ameobi for a one on one with Stockdale, he missed a sitter, ergo, he wasn't as good today as he has been previously, ergo, we only got one kin point not three.

And I'm the idiot?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He was at fault for the goal, he let in Ameobi for a one on one with Stockdale, he missed a sitter, ergo, he wasn't as good today as he has been previously, ergo, we only got one kin point not three.

And I'm the idiot?

Yeah, because instead of just stating this on the match thread or the playing ratings thread you and your ego need your own thread to highlight something negative about an individual today, from a game most people left mostly very positive about despite not taking all 3 points. Well done you for highlighting a negative though, they always need their own thread at the top of the board after a frankly superb all round display.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Yeah, because instead of just stating this on the match thread or the playing ratings thread you and your ego need your own thread to highlight something negative about an individual today, from a game most people left mostly very positive about despite not taking all 3 points. Well done you for highlighting a negative though, they always need their own thread at the top of the board after a frankly superb all round display.

The miss was well worth pointing out. It as world class.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Jeez, are you going through every thread tonight, criticising anyone with a different opinion to your own? I like Gordon Greer, i think he has had a return to form this season, BUT, he very possibly cost us two points today imo, when I posted this, there wrre no other threads on player performance etc, except the Solly March one. I don't do ego, if everyone else disagrees with me, fine, I can live with it, I don't have to run down their opinions, cos thats all it is , an opinion.
I thought today was our best home performance of the season, I haven't seen the away games, and i don't feel you can judge on tv and radio commentary, so, as I say, I'm very happy tonight, but still think Greer wasnt up to his usual standard

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jeez, are you going through every thread tonight, criticising anyone with a different opinion to your own? I like Gordon Greer, i think he has had a return to form this season, BUT, he very possibly cost us two points today imo, when I posted this, there wrre no other threads on player performance etc, except the Solly March one. I don't do ego, if everyone else disagrees with me, fine, I can live with it, I don't have to run down there opinions, cos thats all it is , an opinion.
I thought today was our best home performance of the season, I haven't seen the away games, and i don't feel you can judge on tv and radio commentary, so, as I say, I'm very happy tonight, but still think Greer wasnt up to his usual standard

Just 2, and quite clearly not criticising the opinions given...just how to express them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just 2, and quite clearly not criticising the opinions given...just how to express them.

In future if I feel the need to unleash my MASSIVE ego, I will be sure to request your permission and act upon your advice.

It's a football forum, ffs, it's about talking about your team, good or bad.
Get over yourself

IanH

9sept1978
Nov 6, 2010
Thought he had Jones in his pocket all afternoon. Which isn't easy. Played out well from the back, very few stray passes and a couple of good blocks. Did his main job well enough for me. He is continually criticised and yet we continue to have one of the best defence records season after season and he is largely the ever present factor. Also, seems everyone who plays with him is brilliant and yet he is the one constant each manager has stuck with. We have second best defensive record in the league this year, I think it was sixth best last year despite coming 20th and in the two seasons before that it was either 1st or second. Defence is not our problem and nor is GG.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thought he had Jones in his pocket all afternoon. Which isn't easy. Played out well from the back, very few stray passes and a couple of good blocks. Did his main job well enough for me. He is continually criticised and yet we continue to have one of the best defence records season after season and he is largely the ever present factor. Also, seems everyone who plays with him is brilliant and yet he is the one constant each manager has stuck with. We have second best defensive record in the league this year, I think it was sixth best last year despite coming 20th and in the two seasons before that it was either 1st or second. Defence is not our problem and nor is GG.

All very good points, annd I agree with most, just thought he had an off day, today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here