Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google rankings package advice?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
So let me get this right?! They will guarantee you page 1 in google for any highly competitive keyword?

Where does there own website rank for say 'SEO' or 'guaranteed page 1 google ranking'!

If they are not towards to top of page 1 then ask yourself why!!

But like others have said £400 is not a great deal and no cost if they don't achieve it! Worth a try.

Word of warning - if they use a lot of crappy links to get you up there, you won't stay for long!!

My understanding is though that they are not guaranteeing it but saying, give us four hundred and you get a website, if we et you top ranking on google pay us fifteen pounds if we cannot then don't bother. Basically just give us four hundred pound.
Some websites are really simple to make for those that know how, so four hundred is not such a great deal.

If it was a competitive search term ten you would pay a lot more than fifteen pounds for it

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Google constantly changes its algorithm to stop SEO companies making this very type of claim. Truth is, only a few insiders at Google know this precise formula so nobody is really able to absolutely guarantee anything via their search engine.

Of course, Google issues tips like keywords, meta tags, links into your site, maturity, fresh content etc. A lot of it you can do yourself for free.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I am capable of building websites and can advise you that this deal is a complete rip off. Staying high up in any search engine is quite simply done by using the right keywords in the first place and then getting enough "traffic" to keep the site there.

My last two websites are both on page one of google and I have never paid out a penny for this.

I could probably get you set up for about a quarter of your quotation!

Pm me if you want more info or maybe I can drop in and see you if your fairly local?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My understanding is though that they are not guaranteeing it but saying, give us four hundred and you get a website, if we et you top ranking on google pay us fifteen pounds if we cannot then don't bother. Basically just give us four hundred pound.
Some websites are really simple to make for those that know how, so four hundred is not such a great deal.

If it was a competitive search term ten you would pay a lot more than fifteen pounds for it

But you gave £500 to have a website made and thought it was worth it. The OP is being asked for £100 less. The question is, what is someone getting for that money? Saying 'four hundred is not such a great deal' without knowing the quality of work seems a bit judgemental, I think.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I am capable of building websites and can advise you that this deal is a complete rip off. Staying high up in any search engine is quite simply done by using the right keywords in the first place and then getting enough "traffic" to keep the site there.

My last two websites are both on page one of google and I have never paid out a penny for this.

I could probably get you set up for about a quarter of your quotation!

Pm me if you want more info or maybe I can drop in and see you if your fairly local?

The £15 a month is not necessarily just for SEO but may include maintenance of the site (e.g. upgrading plug-ins and CMS). OP is not clear.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The £15 a month is not necessarily just for SEO but may include maintenance of the site (e.g. upgrading plug-ins and CMS). OP is not clear.

I get that mate but an accountant is hardly likely to need much in the way of monthly upgrades I wouldn't have thought. A fairly basic but eye catching theme with what he offers will be about it for the main. Occasional additions and/or upgrades can be done when required for an agreed figure at the time.

Without knowing the ins and outs its not certain by any means but seems straightforward enough to me. ;)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That's what I love about SEO twats, type in microsites SEO into google and they only rank fourth lol

Still, it's comfortably on the first page, which is the profile it is offering to its customers.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
You should be able to rank comfortably by yourself for a keyword like 'Accountants Eastbourne' without too much help :eek: I haven't checked, but I seriously doubt that many accountants have signed up to Google Places (or whatever it is called now), so just do that. Optimize your page a tiny bit for the key term. Get on business directories etc. and you are done. You will rank within 1 or 2 weeks.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
But you gave £500 to have a website made and thought it was worth it. The OP is being asked for £100 less. The question is, what is someone getting for that money? Saying 'four hundred is not such a great deal' without knowing the quality of work seems a bit judgemental, I think.

I was quotes upwards of £3000 by some others, but this bloke was fresh from uni and wanted something for his portfolio and I have to say he done a brilliant job.
Also my website needed coding(if that's what you call it) etc do was not a standard template job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here