Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Google Mail annoying me.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Yes, I am lax in deleting old emails but every so often have a purge and delete spam, trash etc.

About a week ago they put a big banner on top of Mail page. "Storage full, buy more space or clear space.^

I spent a good while trolling back and deleted 1000s of items, but that banner never disappears and a new message has popped up saying "Will not be able to send emails soon. Storage full."

Having cleared everything except for last months mail, what more can I do?

I am sure they are just pushing for me to buy more space but as far as I am aware don't need to. Will their messages eventually disappear?

Anybody else had this?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
With Google the space goes across all their "products" so if you use Google Drive, Google Photos etc the contents of those count towards the total space.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
If you look at the bottom of the inbox view, you'll see the data usage, along with a square that has an arrow in it. Click on that, and it will open Google One which has a breakdown of what's using all the data. Follow those links to see if there are, for example, backups you don't need, things in Google Drive you don't need, or pictures/videos that can be culled.

There's a Trash folder there too which you should check is empty.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep, I had this a while ago – twice, in fact. Spent ages removing huge email files (with massive attachments) the first time to get it down and it was fine for a while, until the total capacity got breached again. I decided to bite the bullet and pay out for extra storage because a) it was almost inevitable that it would happen again and b) it's not actually that much for quite a bit more storage.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Clear out Sent items if you have not already.

Like others have said, that is your space for email, Pictures and Drive.

Just buy the extra space. Think i pay £5 pm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here