Goodbye to Richard Carpenter ??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Still not confirmed and no links yet but, if it's true Best of luck Chippy, a true loyal, Albion great.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:albion:

Chippies injury and subsequent lack of form was one of the reasons we got relegated last year and one of the reasons we started badly this season. Hammond took a while getting used to the role I think.

Having Ward and Bertin in the middle of the park will give us some much needed stability in there and some decent experience to boot.

Didn't Chippy used to live in a caravan or something?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
The Large One said:
Chippy would be a free agent, and could permanently sign for anyone straight away.
but thought that only applied to players that were free agents when the window shut?
paul ince was a free agent when he was released by swindon to become maccalsfield manager but still couldnt play until january

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
:bowdown:

chippy4.jpg
chippy3.jpg

chippy2.jpg
chippy1.jpg

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Kinky Gerbils said:
All the best, season too late maybe.

Only Hart and Mayo left to shift now.

Agreed

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is this confirmed? Will we get a chance to give the man the tremendous send-off that he deserves, maybe on Saturday?

D

Deleted member 2719

Although Chippys form has not been so good in his latter days at the Albion, Make no mistake he was a key player for us winning our silverware.

Met him once at a petrol station "Bloody nice bloke "*said in a Harry Enfield style voice*.

Best of lucky Chippy.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Man of Harveys said:
Is this confirmed? Will we get a chance to give the man the tremendous send-off that he deserves, maybe on Saturday?

Nothing been released by the club, but ive heard from 2 different sources who dont know each other, but as yet it is still a rumour. Good to see people appreciate what he's done for the club though:clap:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Wouldn't be better to know he's definately going before posting a thread like this.

I think its a bit disrepectful to be saying these things without actually knowing he's been paid up. I'd be first to thanks him if its true, but I think we should know it true first.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Mr Burns said:
Wouldn't be better to know he's definately going before posting a thread like this.

I think its a bit disrepectful to be saying these things without actually knowing he's been paid up. I'd be first to thanks him if its true, but I think we should know it true first.

i only ever said thats what i heard, and if its true good luck to him, then the 100 tributes flooded in

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Uncle Buck said:
Bearing in mind him and Leon Knight were alledged to have had a fairly heated bust up on the training ground about 3 years ago, that could be fun...

going back to finish the job.
wherever he goes good luck chippy.:bowdown: :bowdown:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Withdean Wanderer said:
Question ignored by Insider. Read into that what you will...

Expect something official tomorrow then.

Good move by both parties if true.

Chippy has been a great servent over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports