Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye & Good Luck Malcolm Stuart (Merged threads)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
As Malcolm is retiring after the match on Saturday, I thought I'd like to wish him all the best for the future.

He has been at the club as long as I can remember, and I can remember when he was thin! It'll seem strange him not being on the bench, but hopefully we'll see him in the stands at Falmer.

Thanks Malcolm.

:albion2:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:clap:

Totally agree.

He even stood up to Bellotti as the club was in turmoil at the end of the Goldstone days, he got a written warning as to his conduct, which the new chairman (some guy called Dick Knight) tore up on his first day in charge!

32 years service, 20 years as head physio :bowdown:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Absolutely. One of the unsung heroes. Not going to be the same without him waddling onto the pitch.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
All the best to the fella I hope he has a long and happy retirement and as others have said it wont seem the same without him.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
He will still be around by the sound of it. Taking the piss out of the players. :blush:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Malcolm Stuart highlights

Any stories from the great man's long career?

Anyone know why Bellotti gave him a written warning?

I seem to remember him racing the opposing physio from the benches all the way across the field - and winning. Might have been at Swindon in the playoff semi 1st leg. Got a great cheer from the Albion fans for that.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
A true club legend.

The word is over-used these days, but Malcolm has been a fantastic servant to this club and will be sorely missed.

Enjoy your retirement, Mal.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Malcom Stuart helped me through a broken pinky in my early footballing years.

That is a fact.

Great servant to the club, will be missed by all at the Albion I'm sure :ascarf:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
What's the story between Stuart and Bellotti?

Apart from the disgraceful act of Stuart NOT administering a Shipman-esque lethal overdose to Bellotti from his medicine cabinet while he had the opportunity, that is.

Was in todays paper.

He spoke up for what he believed in, Bellotti didnt like it, gave Stuart a written warning and Knight ripped it up when he took charge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here