Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
saw him at hastings - right decision not to take him - dodgy on crosses

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I would have thought it would narrow it down to any other keeper in the world bar the ones we've had on trial. I cant believe there are more than 3 worse keepers playing professional football than Kuipers.

Much how I dont rate Kuipers as highly as some, thats just not true.

Last edited:

Isnt it a little early to have been drinking? Obviously not to come out with a statement like that.

Some people have rose-tinted glasses focussed on everyone else but Kuipers.
He's been a great keeper for us, and as for respect for the club - what player would have sat as long as he has, while a wet like Hendo took their gloves?
Notice 'Hendo' hit the transfer list as soon as he was dropped from the first team!
....and notice that he was AWFUL in communicating with his defenders, and has made some horrendous mistakes with us, and since leaving us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would have thought it would narrow it down to any other keeper in the world bar the ones we've had on trial. I cant believe there are more than 3 worse keepers playing professional football than Kuipers.

That is just a fcuking stupid comment, by someone who clearly does not have a clue about keepers... yes, I know... you played in Sussex Sunday league division 16, and were not very good...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He's been a great keeper for us, and as for respect for the club - what player would have sat as long as he has, while a wet like Hendo took their gloves?
Notice 'Hendo' hit the transfer list as soon as he was dropped from the first team!
....and notice that he was AWFUL in communicating with his defenders, and has made some horrendous mistakes with us, and since leaving us.

Re-writing history again. :D

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
can't argue with much there

BOTH got the knock when they weren't in the first team and i'm pretty sure Kuipers put in a transfer request but stayed , Hendo pestered his agent to get him out of here

communicating with defenders yes i agree , he wasn't good but we really haven't had a keeper to my knowledge who was brilliant at that, it has happened with Kuipers too

and "some" horrendous mistakes - how many would you class as "some"? - one maybe two big ones (Bournemouths unfair to criticise for given the state of the pitch ) and i didn't think hes had much've a say in the first team since he left us?

don't get me wrong , Michel is tops and it would take alot for me to say otherwise BUT this whole Kuipers/Hendo or Kuipers/Any Other Keeper is getting abit silly, yeah?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Hendo was awful at communicating??? Have you sen Kuipers play. He's the worst ever at comminication. He only ever says one thing!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Kuipers is a legend, he's made cracking saves and has played in many of our best 9recent) seasons. I can't understand why some are so against him because i've not seen any of the other keepers, who have vied with himn, have been as good.

The defence always looked shaky with hendreson behind him and there were so many goals conceeded when they came off henderson including quite a few own goals where he obviously wasn't commanding and pushed the ball onto defenders.

hendo got the knock when dropped after some poor performances, kuipers has often been dropped even when playing welol, just to accomodate another keeper.

You've only got to hear Michel speak to realise he's got to be our No 1.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Kuipers is a legend, but Henderson is a quality keeper as shown by him now being No1 at a top championship team. Quite why some people have to rip players as much as they do is beyond me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder how many of the Kuipers knockers saw the keepers we had from Nicky Rust onwards until we got Kuipers. Midfield is where our attentions should be, Kuipers is fine as no 1 and it seems borrowing quality keepers at short notice really isn't that hard. This obsession with for and against Kuipers is frankly pathetic.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kuipers is a legend, but Henderson is a quality keeper as shown by him now being No1 at a top championship team. Quite why some people have to rip players as much as they do is beyond me

I agree 100%.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It must be the sun but I actually agree with Yorkie. about Henderson.

Another thread said that Paul Gerrard was available and I am sure that Ian Walker was/is looking for a club whether or not we could afford him I dont know.

I think that DW will play Kuipers for August and then bring in a No 1 as an emergency loan signing in September.

Ermm..... because, maybe, I've seen him with my own eyes, been there when he CREATED confusion in his own area with his defenders, under minimal pressure.

And since - when he was playing for his country.

You just can't 'rewrite' that sort of history.

Kuipers may have made mistakes too, but he's still at Brighton for good reason - and it's not "we can't afford etc", it's because he is good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here