Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see Gus knows how to control his players

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What DOES Barnes have on Poyet? It has to be something big, because I just cannot fathom how else a player of his ineptitude would continue to get the unwavering support of his manager.

And i cannot fathom how someone as stupid as you manages to switch on a plug, let alone logon to a forum

dizzy_V

Aug 7, 2011
Hove
man management is about individuals. generally speaking, outgoing personalities respond better to criticism to gee them up. Introverted personalities tend to respond better to praise. this is well evidenced in psychological journals. perhaps Barnes is an introvert.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
In between each sentence of the WW, i get a pause and look at me from Barry Took as the cantankerous voiceover causes him to stare in disbelief and throw out an "oh do you now". He's my very own Mrs Pratchett from Burnham-on-Sea who can not believe what they put on before the watershed nowadays.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
In between each sentence of the WW, i get a pause and look at me from Barry Took as the cantankerous voiceover causes him to stare in disbelief and throw out an "oh do you now". He's my very own Mrs Pratchett from Burnham-on-Sea who can not believe what they put on before the watershed nowadays.

:lol:

0.jpg

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Withdean Wandered, I'm a great admirer of your work. To me you're one of the smartest guys on here, you can turn any fact on its head and use it to your advantage or to prove a point, you write well constructed and (most of the time) well thought out posts, you can always pick up something bad even when the club is generally doing well and you know how to incite people to reply by making good points. Keep up the good work.

Very much this.

Mar 10, 2006
What DOES Barnes have on Poyet? It has to be something big, because I just cannot fathom how else a player of his ineptitude would continue to get the unwavering support of his manager.
Can't agree with that. Only problem I have with Barnes is that he's a niggly player and you can see a booking or sending off coming a long time before it happens. Usually it happens when he's made a mistake, given the ball away or he feels aggrieved that he's been challenged unfairly and hasn't received a free kick and then the red mist descends.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Love to know who the OP actually supports and if it is Brighton, which I very much doubt, who he believes (other than himself) should manage us? We all fell let down by our team sometimes and wish thingshad been done differently but WW, is he ever happy?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Love to know who the OP actually supports and if it is Brighton, which I very much doubt, who he believes (other than himself) should manage us? We all fell let down by our team sometimes and wish thingshad been done differently but WW, is he ever happy?

He most certainly does support Brighton and goes to a lot of games. He is a wind up merchant who never looks happy and it shows. Gingerbeerman has summed it up well in #62.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
WW, terrberry and kev in 'We hate Gus' shocker. Who would've thought it? We all know how you feel, so now wind your f***ing necks in. You should be careful what you wish for.

Hey, where is my name on your list? I am really pissed off with Poyet and his pussy negative football as well.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Just tells us what we already knew. Barnes is Poyet's golden boy. And before anyone say's that's another dig at Barnes, it's not. He has deserved his place recently. But we all know he was picked many times, when his form did not warrant it. Sparrow and Vincelot both found themselves, out the door for getting needless red cards. You could see Barnes was going to do it, he lets his team mates and the fans down badly. But that's ok, because that's just "ash!!".

Tend to agree with this. Barnes was a complete idiot for getting a red and should be given hell by his manager for losing us three points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here