Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see Gus knows how to control his players

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ignore him. Poor kid has ADHD.

Dec 29, 2011
Withdean Wandered, I'm a great admirer of your work. To me you're one of the smartest guys on here, you can turn any fact on its head and use it to your advantage or to prove a point, you write well constructed and (most of the time) well thought out posts, you can always pick up something bad even when the club is generally doing well and you know how to incite people to reply by making good points. Keep up the good work.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shit thread, as per.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Nope. A good manager would be trying to utilise the players temper.

But not Gus. He's happy to throw away points and just hope it doesn't happen again. After all, what difference will 3 points make, as we continue to drift further away from the play-offs.

f*** off

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Withdean Wandered, I'm a great admirer of your work. To me you're one of the smartest guys on here, you can turn any fact on its head and use it to your advantage or to prove a point, you write well constructed and (most of the time) well thought out posts, you can always pick up something bad even when the club is generally doing well and you know how to insight people to reply by making good points. Keep up the good work.

'incite'

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Started to type a response and then realised that WW's stupidity has left me speechless

First time in 53 years :p

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Might put my first person on ignore. Other trolls who are just here to annoy get banned, why not this one?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
You might not be able to, but anyone who isn't looking to make Gus/Ashley look as bad as possible can fault them.

Not shown any improvement in controlling his temper? Three yellow cards in the first six matches this season, followed 2 games without any cards. That to me is an improvement.
Pony in 70% of games? A completely arbitrary number grabbed from the air. 23 of his 31 appearances averaged over 5 out of ten, 16 of them over 6, 9 over 7. (9.1 gaves would be 30%, unless anything less than 7/10 is consider pony, that is a nonsense statistic)
Gus has said he won't punish Barnes is a sign of bad man management? So many managers say things similar, it's been said about Rooney but he has improved. It is generally accepted even when managers say they won't punish a player they actually do, it's just sometimes it's considered bad man management to do this through the press.
Hoskins shone through? A last minute goal against a team that are exposed at the back as they push for promotion, a goal made by a brilliant pass and a decent performance against ipswich's B team is good, but is it enough to displace a guy who has 3 goals in our matches, including two man of the match performances?
Lualua barely gets a look in? He has had chances from the start and failed to take them, he has done well coming off the bench sometimes, but has also been distracted by court cases.
Barnes straight back in? This is an extension of the ridiculous and completely flawed "barnes is undroppable" sentiment. Barnes has been dropped from the starting line up 7 out of 32 times (that's almost one in 4).
Poyet is out of his depth? Taking a team from league one relegation to challenging for championship play offs, 8th in the division with a game in hand is not 'out of his depth' even if you believe he hasn't been getting the most out of the squad

I really wished threads by people in your ignore list were hidden.

This

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't handle a different point of view? Anyone without the conventional 'NSC' view should be banned?

Considering I've said that I've never put anyone on ignore, and that WW is quite obviously a troll, I dunno what you're on about.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You might not be able to, but anyone who isn't looking to make Gus/Ashley look as bad as possible can fault them.

Not shown any improvement in controlling his temper? Three yellow cards in the first six matches this season, followed 2 games without any cards. That to me is an improvement.
Pony in 70% of games? A completely arbitrary number grabbed from the air. 23 of his 31 appearances averaged over 5 out of ten, 16 of them over 6, 9 over 7. (9.1 gaves would be 30%, unless anything less than 7/10 is consider pony, that is a nonsense statistic)
Gus has said he won't punish Barnes is a sign of bad man management? So many managers say things similar, it's been said about Rooney but he has improved. It is generally accepted even when managers say they won't punish a player they actually do, it's just sometimes it's considered bad man management to do this through the press.
Hoskins shone through? A last minute goal against a team that are exposed at the back as they push for promotion, a goal made by a brilliant pass and a decent performance against ipswich's B team is good, but is it enough to displace a guy who has 3 goals in our matches, including two man of the match performances?
Lualua barely gets a look in? He has had chances from the start and failed to take them, he has done well coming off the bench sometimes, but has also been distracted by court cases.
Barnes straight back in? This is an extension of the ridiculous and completely flawed "barnes is undroppable" sentiment. Barnes has been dropped from the starting line up 7 out of 32 times (that's almost one in 4).
Poyet is out of his depth? Taking a team from league one relegation to challenging for championship play offs, 8th in the division with a game in hand is not 'out of his depth' even if you believe he hasn't been getting the most out of the squad

I really wished threads by people in your ignore list were hidden.

Don't waste your time Acker. You're an intelligent, thoughtful poster. WW is a childish annoying twat just trying to wind people up.

Dec 29, 2011
Don't waste your time Acker. You're an intelligent, thoughtful poster. WW is a childish annoying twat just trying to wind people up.

I agree with this, Acker79 is one of the best poster because of his use of facts and thought out responses. A debate between WW and Acker would last forever because neither would lose :lol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Withdean Wandered, I'm a great admirer of your work. To me you're one of the smartest guys on here, you can turn any fact on its head and use it to your advantage or to prove a point, you write well constructed and (most of the time) well thought out posts, you can always pick up something bad even when the club is generally doing well and you know how to incite people to reply by making good points. Keep up the good work.

WW's love child?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I don't quite see how you can see he defended him. As far as I'm concerned Gus is acknowledging the mistake, but understands it. You don't know what was said or done beyond that. You just want to read more into it than there is.

Gus quoted
“I was quite far away from it but we can’t complain about it. I got sent off as a player, Tano got sent off as a player and so did Charlie."

“He knows what he’s done and he doesn’t need anyone else to say anything to him. That’s football and these things happen. It just can’t happen too often.”

Hey, I want to get in here and calm you all down, we lost on Saturday and Ahley Barnes got sent off. Its one game, we have to accept that we have not been too convincing this season and are just not closing our results, if we make the play offs we will be lucky and some of Gus s decisions seem strange, but he has all the information we don't and we must back our manager and players. The only point that we can really complain about is lack of effort on the pitch, if your picked to play give your all.
Players should understand who pays their wages, not that we have a hold on them, it would be nice to get some genuine acknowledgement from them. We can see from the terrace who is and who isn't putting it in, but they play to their managers instructions and he picks them not us.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
My question would be that if it was a player he didn't like, for instance a LuaLua or a Hoskins would he use the line... “That is such and such and I accept it how it is and I don't want him to change."... Probably not, no, it'd be a two week fine and dropped for a month.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
A good manager defends his players in public and keeps disciplinary action behind closed doors.

This.

The OP still needs to get himself a girlfriend.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What DOES Barnes have on Poyet? It has to be something big, because I just cannot fathom how else a player of his ineptitude would continue to get the unwavering support of his manager.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
What an absolute joke.

It's the first red card this season, but it's not the first time he's retaliated like a spoilt brat.

He's not shown any sign of improvement of his temper, it doesn't add anything to his game,he just plays like he's got a chip on his shoulder, and has been absolute pony for 70% of the season so far.

But it's ok, he's cost us a game of football with his petulance, but Poyet's got this one covered. "You just hope it doesn't happen too often" - well great Gus, that's once a season then, costing us three points at a time, certainly enough to be the difference between promotion and not.

Meanwhile, Hoskins scores against Newcastle and impresses in the reserves. His reward? About 10 minutes football in the 6 or so games we've had since then.

Poyet's lost it. Absolute man management shambles. LuaLua? Barely gets a look in despite playing really well recently. Barnes? 3 match ban, but you know he'll be straight back in because that's the sort of ridiculous decision that we've come to expect from a manager who is now looking out of his depth.

Sometimes I think you are a bit too negative, however on this and many other occasions I think you are spot on. People think you are a troll but they just can't handle the truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here