Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see 2 black mangers on the sidelines

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If people really think someone cannot get ahead in football management because they are black they are either deluded, white and trying to appear socially conscious or black with a chip on their shoulder. Shit topic, shit thread.

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
Does it really matter what color someones skin is? if the person is good enough to do the job than they should get the job

race or gender should not be a factor the focus should be on results

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Nice to see the OP BrianWade4 and Dan Aitch stand up for their opinion.

Brian as you started the thread, what do you think of the facts I put over that white men are around 37% under represent at international level for England.

As I and others have pointed out, black managers are percentage wise properly represented in English football. 4 out of 92, just over 4% and with around 5% black or mixed race, its about a 0.5% under representation.

So lets hear your views on why white English players are so poorly represented in the English game? Does this fact disgust you, or did you make your original post without thinking past being PC, as most of the looney left do?!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Nice to see the OP BrianWade4 and Dan Aitch stand up for their opinion.

Brian as you started the thread, what do you think of the facts I put over that white men are around 37% under represent at international level for England.

As I and others have pointed out, black managers are percentage wise properly represented in English football. 4 out of 92, just over 4% and with around 5% black or mixed race, its about a 0.5% under representation.

So lets hear your views on why white English players are so poorly represented in the English game? Does this fact disgust you, or did you make your original post without thinking past being PC, as most of the looney left do?!

And you were doing so well up to then . . .

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What a load of patronising bollocks!

All of the people mentioned have made it to where they are by skill and hard work. None of them needed special treatment. I'm sure none of them feel like they need a verbal pat on the head from someone trying advertise their anti-racist credentials.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
And you were doing so well up to then . . .
What are they being, if not PC. It's the way people like this work. They come in with a comment that has no basis, cannot be backed up, and when challenged on it, go AWOL. Reminds me of the greens and the far left! But let not get of subject, and give BrianWade4 a chance to explain his opening post.

I would go as far to say they should be banned for a while for posting racist comments.

I fear we will lose Rohan Ince, and think he should be given the longest contract at the club, rather than one that expires next summer.

I don't say that because he's black, and I want to see a percentage of black players at the Albion. I say it because he's the best and most promising player we have IMO!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I don't think there's a big issue re under representation of black British people in football.

HOWEVER the under representation of British people of Asian descent is ridiculous.

7% of the population of the UK are Asian/Asian British, yet I doubt there's even a dozen pro players of that ethnicity in British football.

THAT is the real issue.

(Racists will say Asians prefer cricket, but football is in fact more popular these days. There are a number of Asian community based teams in non-league, 10% of the teams in the Essex Senior League for example, but this doesn't seem to be translating to the professional game.)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't think there's a big issue re under representation of black British people in football.

HOWEVER the under representation of British people of Asian descent is ridiculous.

7% of the population of the UK are Asian/Asian British, yet I doubt there's even a dozen pro players of that ethnicity in British football.

THAT is the real issue.

(Racists will say Asians prefer cricket, but football is in fact more popular these days. There are a number of Asian community based teams in non-league, 10% of the teams in the Essex Senior League for example, but this doesn't seem to be translating to the professional game.)

Do you really think that if some 'Asian' kid had the ability of Messi, clubs wouldn't sign him up just because of his race?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Listen, I do not believe in positive discrimination in any form and i do not think we need to promote black managers into jobs unnecessarily

That said, I am also a white man living in London where we have one of the most diversified mix of people in the world. Not once have I ever felt discriminated against for the colour of my skin. I guarantee you that most black people have at some time in their life, even in places like london.

We don't need to to give black people positions in the work place for the sake of it. We just need some white people to stop burying their heads in the sand with the belief that race discrimination doesnt exist any more

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Do you really think that if some 'Asian' kid had the ability of Messi, clubs wouldn't sign him up just because of his race?

I haven't suggested any reason WHY there is an under representation of Asians in British football. I have no idea why. Just saying that they are clearly far more under represented than people of black ethnicity, and that is probably something that more urgently needs addressing (to find out why etc).

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
3% of the uk population are black.

4.3% of managers in the premier and football league are black.

Why do we need more black managers? If you want racial equality, stop making race such an issue.

I think the issue is more complex than that presented by many on this forum. Given that the vast majority of people who go into football management have done so having played the game professionally, it possible to argue that BME groups are significantly under-represented as managers in the premiership and football leagues. As such, professional football players are the population we should be looking at as the base from which to make such assessments, not the national population as a whole.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think management is down to colour and I am not too sure how many ex players of any colour choose to become managers let alone coaches. John Barnes hasn't got further in management because he was no good at it whereas Chris Ramsey is managing QPR on merit, and has worked very hard for it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't buy any of this I'm afraid. Nobody stops anyone of any colour doing anything in this country. It's about choices of individuals.

Those individuals are influenced in what they want to do by their own situation. Income levels, family, friends and whatever else. They don't look at the colour of their own skin before deciding whether or not to become a football manager. Nor for that matter does anyone try to stop them.

I like football because my (white, working class) Dad liked football and dragged me along when I was 4. If my Dad was Indian, he'd be less likely to watch football and I might be more likely to play cricket. So what? Why don't more young, black people from London go and watch football?? Should we make them? Because that's the right thing to do isn't it. Try to get a proportionate amount of each creed and colour at every match, in every team, for every sport.

If we were sitting here looking at evidence of active discrimination, whereby managers are being denied jobs due to their colour, we might have something to discuss. But we're not. We're looking at statistics when really, all that matters is that some people choose to do certain things and some do not.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I think the issue is more complex than that presented by many on this forum. Given that the vast majority of people who go into football management have done so having played the game professionally, it possible to argue that BME groups are significantly under-represented as managers in the premiership and football leagues. As such, professional football players are the population we should be looking at as the base from which to make such assessments, not the national population as a whole.
Would that be before or after you investigate why white English players are so significantly under-represented, (in relation to the current population percentages), in the top English league, or the English national side?

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Would that be before or after you investigate why white English players are so significantly under-represented, (in relation to the current population percentages), in the top English league, or the English national side?

13 of the 23 players (56.5%) in the last England squad were white, 87.1% of the UK is white, therefore white players are severely under-represented in the national squad, therefore RACISM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here