• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ah. You thought it would all last forever. Schoolboy error. :wink:

I'm having the edge taken off any footy jollity or follity by painful sciatica that has got worse over3 weeks, plus a sudden and unprecedented red swelling in my right big toe joint (calor, dolor, rubor, tumor, the effing lot). I am on hold at the GP surgery (caller number 19. Or was it 90?) and in the meantime have done the online 111 questionnaire. The outcome was 'contact your GP surgery'. I think they have now stopped the walk up service where you wait 3 hours for a nurse practitioner to make some absurd diagnosis and prescribe something that gives you torrential diarrhoea for a month (this happened). So I guess I should think myself lucky.

I have a feeling I'd get a diagnosis more quickly by posting a help thread on NSC. f***ing Tories have f***ed everything, the f***ing fuckers.

:wave:
:salute:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I voted 7.

this site is a lot like trip advisor. Ignore the “ it’s all shit” bottom 3 ratings and ignore the “ we are just brilliant” top couple and go for the middle as it tends not to be this knee jerk reaction from people who have for weeks been slagging off the Albion ( we all know who they are) and those of us who realise that our European campaign gave us the best evenings we have had since supporting the albion and yes, masked the problems we had with injuries and lack of depth in the squad.

Looking back at the interview with RDZ, I couldn’t actually find anything wrong with it if you watch or read it all. He is right. It must be very disheartening for players who get themselves fit and a week later are injured again ( Enciso, pervis, etc) and the disruption to plans. Our season effectively ended after Roma as there are far better teams than us above us in the league and I would say that our reasoning for no action in the January window when we must have known about the fragility of the squad with injuries ( march, Mitoma, Ferguson, fati, Enciso etc) was bizarre when it was nieve to think that our untried youngsters would plug the gaps.

but we have made a profit and whilst our early season rivals are gaining cups and European football we can rejoice in the fact that we are a profitable lower half prem side.

remember the aim of all clubs in the prem is to stay in the prem. nothing else matters.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
General long term mojo: 7 or 8.
Short-term mojo: 2

Voted 2 as thats most apparent, but do need some perspective and look at more than what's happend over the last few weeks, but whats comign over the next few months...

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I voted 6. To borrow some phrasing from the financial sector, I still believe that the underlying fundamentals are good, but short term volatility is hiding that and there may be more volatility to endure before a return to better times.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
6, I’m enjoying going to watch Brighton, didn’t expect us to win against city, didn’t expect us to suddenly get a new squad between Thursday and Sunday.

Sometimes we will do better, sometimes we will do worse. It is easy to say “RDZ should do this” and “RDZ has done that” but it is all bollocks isn’t it? No one knows that he wants to go, no one knows how he trains the squad, no one actually truely knows.

Hopefully TB will splash some of the caicedo cash, fati hasn’t worked out, injuries have been awful to us.

I’m hoping to see us win in our last few home games, cant really see us beating Villa or Chelsea in this state, possibly against Manu but we’ll see.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's a five for me. It's a shame, but the injuries, the schedule and fatigue have finally broken us. It was painful watch yesterday, I wasn't angry about it as it played out exactly as I expected. I am not sure we have much left in us at all.

What we are watching at the moment is not the true Brighton &b Hove Albion. It's a patched up, shadow of our former selves. We saw earlier in the season what we can achieve when we are firing on all cylinders and have the first team squad available and as a fanbase we'd do well to remember that.

Despite my previous protestations in the last couple of weeks I cannot say I am approaching the final four games with much enthusiasm. This football club looks thoroughly burnt out at the moment, the players, management and the fans. Any points that we gain between now and the end of the season will be a massive bonus. I hope for the players sakes they can pick themselves for a final effort to finish the season on a positive note, they deserve it. It's been a hugely draining effort this season and it deserves to be remembered fondly, I personally will treasure the memories that we created over the last few months.

That said, I am excited about the summer, I do not expect too many Albion players in the Euros so we can at last have a genuine break to allow the players some much needed R&R. The Caceido cash and the proceeds from our upcoming summer sales should allow us to take advantage of those clubs hamstrung by the financial rules, and I expect some starters to join our squad along with another bunch of developmental prospects.

Let's just get this thing over with now in the best way we can and then look forward to the future.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ipswich are keeping my football mojo up atm, would love to see them promoted and send leeds into the pit of the play offs.
Portsmouth went up, Sheff Weds almost certainly stayed up despite looking hilariously doomed, Everton stayed up, Chelsea are above us again etc. Even the Nigels are chasing us down. What makes you think Leeds won't go up to complete a properly shit season?

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Portsmouth went up, Sheff Weds almost certainly stayed up despite looking hilariously doomed, Everton stayed up, Chelsea are above us again etc. Even the Nigels are chasing us down. What makes you think Leeds won't go up to complete a properly shit season?
Didn't say they won't go up, all I said was ipswich go up auto, and Leeds into play offs, hopefully they get fked off in that.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
The uncertainty for next season is what's depressing me at the moment. Hope the RDZ situation is resolved quickly.

If he stays I can't see him turning it around though. I expect the injuries to continue and I'm really p1ssed off that previs and mitoma are missing the beginning of next season. RDZ is quite literally breaking players.
Pervis I was aware but Mitoma too :mad: :ohmy:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The uncertainty for next season is what's depressing me at the moment. Hope the RDZ situation is resolved quickly.

If he stays I can't see him turning it around though. I expect the injuries to continue and I'm really p1ssed off that previs and mitoma are missing the beginning of next season. RDZ is quite literally breaking players.
Where has it been said Mitoma is missing the start of next season?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s been said we might not tour Japan in June as Mitoma probably won’t be fit to play then. So if he’s not fit at the end of June after this long out, being ready to start a PL game in early August looks unlikely.
Total guesswork......could equally be that end of June is his 'back on the grass' plan, meaning he's got 6 weeks pre-season :shrug:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It’s been said we might not tour Japan in June as Mitoma probably won’t be fit to play then. So if he’s not fit at the end of June after this long out, being ready to start a PL game in early August looks unlikely.
Ah ok hadnt heard that.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm a solid 7, in as much as I have high hopes for next season and the summer (9) but literally only check the scores at the moment to see by how many we lost (5).

I'm apathetic with a positive outlook.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm quite stoaical about it all really. I think we were on an amazing adrenaline fuelled ride which all crashed down after Roma and we haven't been able to get back on track. I think we've all been guilty of this so not going to blame anyone, we all just refresh, retool and go again next year.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Two people have voted 10...

Can I borrow some of whatever your smoking?

:whistle:
Raspberry Ripple flavour vape ?

I'm always 10 cos Albion is more than results. It's about community and enjoyment with other folk. I was always 10 when I was with mates at away days and the football was crap.

Maybe not a 10 during the war years. Or maybe and 11 as it brought folk together.

To quote the other MAC... 'Let us be frank about it: most of our fans have never had it so good'.

Okay, he didn't say 'fans'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here