Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good team....and we f#cked it up

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Its not just about who has gone (Murray biggest mistake) but also what we have replaced them with.There was only 4 players playing against Bournemouth that i would want for next season!!!
Let me guess.... Stockdale, Dunk, Kayal and Stephens? (Ince if you add bench?)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That's a team of TWELVE......

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
From say August 1975 to say May 1981 can't think of a player we sold who went on to a better career [working on the basis that Lawrenson , Horton and Gregory were sold after May 1981]

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Garry Nelson must at least be worth a seat on the bench.
I can't understand why we haven't tried to get Nelson back. I'm sure he's available. What is he 32? As we know he does a great Albert Steptoe impersonation which is something the young players can relate to.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Kuszczack
McShane Upson Elphick Ward
Buckley Bridcutt Bradley Johnson Barnes
Ulloa Murray

Subs
Noone
Hammond
Conway
Cook
Bennett
Bent
Lynch

That is all.

PG

Was it deliberate to put in some players who the fans gave stick to as not good enough to play for us and we were better off without such as Johnson, Barnes, Hammond, Noone, Murray... and when they were about to leave, people on here were saying things like they were worth less that we got for them (like Barnes, Noone....) and that they would even drive them to the new club themselves, such was the hostile feeling towards them.

It often seems a case of not wanting our players whilst they are here and none of them are good enough and must be forced out by the fans, yet if they have any sort of sucess elsewhere then the club is to blame and the same fans say that we should never have let them go.

Whats happened to supporting our players and wanting them to do their best whilst here rather than acting in such a way that would make a player question is time here and look to leave at the first opportunity and whilst here, think why should i give my best when they are made to feel that they are not wanted.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the players in our current squad go on to do well elsewhere and suddenly we have another thread like this bemoaning the fact that they have left too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here