Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news desperately needed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need some good news surrounding our great club now don't we? When will it come and what will it be?

The best possible news would be that an agreement has been reached and Gus has extended his contract with no get out clause to allow him to leave before he has got us into the Premier and that funds will be made available to strengthen the side from last season. Sadly that is not going to happen whilst 1 man is still employed.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Don't you bet on it. They'll stay up and beat Man Utd away just to piss us off. I'm not joking!

Probably finishing in the top half despite being shite and scraping wins all season :nono:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The best possible news would be that an agreement has been reached and Gus has extended his contract with no get out clause to allow him to leave before he has got us into the Premier and that funds will be made available to strengthen the side from last season. Sadly that is not going to happen whilst 1 man is still employed.

Maybe you will be right but I suspect it is wishful thinking. I haven't ruled out Gus staying either.

But would he be staying for the right reasons? i.e. that he wants to continue as our manager, has seen the light and realises if he sees the job through and gets us to the Prem which would in turn restore his reputation elsewhere.

My fear is that his heart may not be in it and might only stay because he can't get a better offer elsewhere because his stock has been damaged in recent weeks.
I'm sure many of us will forgive him (up to a point) but feel his aura will have lost its gloss and won't be the same again.

The thing that concerns me was his lack of passion in that play off game at The Amex. I could not understand why he was not more animated on the touchline, especially once Palace scored, yet he looked so passive for what were probably the most crucial 15 minutes of our recent history and so pivotal for our (and his) future. I don't understand his. Quite apart from events after the match it made me wonder if he had other matters on his mind. That would concern me if he stays.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As mentioned on another post I think that he was aware that his budget was going to be reduced due to financial dealings by other emloyees.

Elaborate, what financial dealing by other employees ?

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I'm just getting fed up with the silence coming from the club just tell us NOW!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As mentioned on another post I think that he was aware that his budget was going to be reduced due to financial dealings by other emloyees.

But it's not dealings by other employees, its very simple accountancy > £8,000,000 is not allowed. It only seems to be you and Gus that can't grasp this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Elaborate, what financial dealing by other employees ?

I am sure that you re trying to push me into a corner and to say something I shouldn't but it wont work. It is most obvious that all financial matters that may contribute to a loss are being looked at to maximise income and expenditure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But it's not dealings by other employees, it' very simple accountancy > £8,000,000 is not allowed. It only seems to be you and Gus that can't grasp this.

I fully realize that those losses cannot continue but believe that there should be a dividing line drawn between commercial enterprise and the team functioning. As I have said I believe everything was geared to promotion this season and we have failed so have to cut our cloth accordingly.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Just think it wont be long till the fixtures are out and it wont be long till we all back at the best ground in the championship called the amex .

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I fully realize that those losses cannot continue but believe that there should be a dividing line drawn between commercial enterprise and the team functioning. As I have said I believe everything was geared to promotion this season and we have failed so have to cut our cloth accordingly.

A lot of people are fond of making constant references to TB's poker career on here regarding every Albion decision he has to make (which I find tedious in the extreme) - but I really don't think he would have gone "all in" on this one BG.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Everything has to work within the commercial enterprise and the line that for that is dictated to us. Nobody (TB or You) can ignore it or make decisions outside of it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Personally, I totally respect Gus for what he has achieved, but, the last few years he has often touted himself for other jobs, whined about the lack of budget etc.. The interview post Palace regardless of what allegedly has or hasn't gone on, was completely unprofessional and not what the club or fans needed at that time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm just getting fed up with the silence coming from the club just tell us NOW!

I got sick of asking
now look at NSC hoping in hopes that something will happen
I feel we will never know
and I am now getting extremely depressed with it all
it really is a fqqking mess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here