Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news about Jim Mc

chidgull

Apr 29, 2006
By Brian Owen » ARGUS sport:ascarf:

Jim McNulty is firmly on course to return from a serious internal injury in the opening weeks of the season.

Albion boss Russell Slade reckons his highly-rated left-back, who had a kidney removed after a freak collision with an opponent in the defeat to Crewe last season, should be available in mid-September.

McNulty has made encouraging progress in pre-season training and Slade said: “He hasn’t been having a problem. He has been doing a bit of light work and has been jogging. They are small and gradual steps really but he is doing okay.

“We are probably looking at him being back in the middle of September but it’s difficult to say exactly when.”

McNulty has yet to play for the Seagulls under Slade

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Good news indeed. I think his greatest problem may be psychological. We must hope that he will eventually be the same player he was before his injury. It must be extremely scary to get stuck in to the rough and tumble of a physical battle knowing that you can't afford to incur a similar injury. He may be match fit come September but he will clearly have to be eased in very gently. I'll be happy if we have to wait another month or so.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Good news indeed. I think his greatest problem may be psychological. We must hope that he will eventually be the same player he was before his injury. It must be extremely scary to get stuck in to the rough and tumble of a physical battle knowing that you can't afford to incur a similar injury. He may be match fit come September but he will clearly have to be eased in very gently. I'll be happy if we have to wait another month or so.

Good call

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Its a long way to go and we remember Hınshelwood before the injuries and then after but I really hope he makes a full recovery.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Do you think he'll wear some sort of kidney protector? I would if there were such a thing (if I was him).

I'm sure that must be a fear, as it would be for anyone really.

However, the freakish nature of that particular injury was so badly incidental, that the likelihood of doing the same exact thing to exactly the wrong place in his body would have to be millions to one against.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here