Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good morning - view from an Ipswich perspective

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
My feeling as well. I don't go to away games anymore, but my impression from fan comments and the argus is that away from home, he is not nearly as effective. Maybe he just loves to perform in front of large adoring crowds, but is less than willing when away from home. I am perfectly prepared to accept that this might be unfair -just the impression I have, rightly or wrongly.

Just wondering whether he was carrying a knock from last Saturday as he got clattered a couple of times, especially at the end of the first half

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
"but it appeared to me that Murray ( a player I have always rated) and Hemed were far too similar in style to do a job on our back four. You lacked pace, I was expecting Baldock to come on but it never happened thankfully."

You'll do well here!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Fair cop..! You are right. The bookies give us a 1 in 4 chance of automatic - and that is about right - so no harm in hoping.

On the question of odds to go up, I notice we are not far away from evens again "to get promoted". Having been close to evens in May 2013, around 3/1 in May 2014 and odds on in April 2016 - surely it has to be our turn soon...?! :)

I notice you accidentally left out April / May 2015.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
"but it appeared to me that Murray ( a player I have always rated) and Hemed were far too similar in style to do a job on our back four. You lacked pace, I was expecting Baldock to come on but it never happened thankfully."

You'll do well here!

I think we lack a genuine speed merchant. Lualua (acceleration). Solly March, both injured are quicker. Even Baldock is quicker than eamed, and Elvis Manu has pace but also not co-ordination quite yet.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Hard to disagree with any of that. It was a strange atmosphere, although we did our best to make a noise with limited numbers - hard to know how much is lost in the rafters of that old stand.

I was sitting in home end with Ipswich friend, to your right. Could hear BHA singing load and clear, impressive for a 550 turnout. Ipswich fans were so quiet and accepting. Albion home crowd is much more demanding of its players, as it should be.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
From my position – halfway line, main stand, opposite the Albion fans – both sets of supporters were quiet for long periods. Unsurprising really, given such a dull, incident-free game.

Loudest by some distance were the Ipswich fans in the far end and, when for the final 10 minutes they sang that appalling "We Love You" number in a Palace stylee – complete with equally appalling drum. They were actually bloody loud, but probably inaudible to Albion fans at the other end. For the record, they also sang "We're Ipswich Town" to the tune of Achy Breaky Heart – how very original…

As ever, football fans delude themselves about the imagined impact of their singing. And for 566 Albion to goad the Ipswich crowd with "your support is ****ing shit" is surely the height of ignorant, brain-dead tinpottery.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
From my position – halfway line, main stand, opposite the Albion fans – both sets of supporters were quiet for long periods. Unsurprising really, given such a dull, incident-free game.

Loudest by some distance were the Ipswich fans in the far end and, when for the final 10 minutes they sang that appalling "We Love You" number in a Palace stylee – complete with equally appalling drum. They were actually bloody loud, but probably inaudible to Albion fans at the other end. For the record, they also sang "We're Ipswich Town" to the tune of Achy Breaky Heart – how very original…

As ever, football fans delude themselves about the imagined impact of their singing. And for 566 Albion to goad the Ipswich crowd with "your support is ****ing shit" is surely the height of ignorant, brain-dead tinpottery.

You're a happy one aren't you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here