Good Morning from upt'North

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
I've been out with the dog and the weather is positively balmy this morning compared the last fortnight. I live on high ground near Leeds and I guess we had about 16 inches of snow in total but it's all disappeared in matter of two days. Incredible! No danger of the game being off!

Great numbers travelling up to Yorkshire I hear. You're a club that seems to have fans who live all over the country, University students etc. so it doesn't surprise me to have so many coming.

As for the match itself. If we play to our potential, get focussed quickly and have determination then I can see nothing but a Terriers victory. However, as I said before we blow hot and cold and it's very frustrating! If we get a goal or even two ahead that should be 'game set and match' to us but if we start slow, look hesitant and let Brighton seize the initiative we could be in trouble.

I'm looking forward to this very much so I hope it lives up to its high expectation. All the best and a safe journey!

AceT (HTFC):lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just setting off so see you around 1 o'clock providing the trains all behave.

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
Head for the 'Kings Head'! Come out of Hudders Station and look for the Jimi Hendrix pub sign! Amazing choice of beers and a friendly atmosphere!:D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Might do, very partial to the one at the actual railway station, if that is the one.

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
There's two! On the right as you exit is the Head of Steam and the 'Kings' is to the right! Have good time!:bigwave:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Head for the 'Kings Head'! Come out of Hudders Station and look for the Jimi Hendrix pub sign! Amazing choice of beers and a friendly atmosphere!:D

I was in there last night, as well as one or two other alcohol selling establishments.

I've just woken up in Leeds and my head hurts! Lovely morning though!

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
As for the match itself. If we play to our potential, get focussed quickly and have determination then I can see nothing but a Terriers victory. However, as I said before we blow hot and cold and it's very frustrating! If we get a goal or even two ahead that should be 'game set and match' to us but if we start slow, look hesitant and let Brighton seize the initiative we could be in trouble.

QUOTE]

Your spot on there mate, im glad you have not had a game for a couple of weeks. you might just be off the boil a bit. Even tho it was a pub team we beat in the week we looked like we where getting back too our best again!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Odd comment to say that if you play to your potential you see nothing but a victory for Huddersfield. Does the way that Brighton play have no influence? What if we play to our potential as well? Ask Charlton and Peterborough what happens when we do that. Not as clear cut as you think I suspect.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Someone on their thread said a full-backs out top scorer?! No wonder Barnes has got it all wrong, he's being played out of posittion tch.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I noticed that I have Barnes to finish as top scorer in League One at 80-1 on betfair. Completely forgot about that bet. Not likely still but better than 80-1 I would have thought. Come on Ashley - shake off that knock. Hat-trick please.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Think it might be Sandaza starting today ahead of Barnes, for the first 60-70 minutes anyway.
I know he has his detractors but I think having someone of Barnes' quality to come off the bench makes this our strongest set-up in a great many years.
Indeed that holds true whichever of them is on the bench

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
As I expected that was a very close game all in all.

For the first ten minutes we looked like we were bang on form but significantly failed to make our incredible pressure tell.

Brighton are the best team we've played this season by a long long way and I thought either team could have taken the points in the end.

Knackerd n pissed, I'll do a more considered polemic tomorrow!:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports