Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck...

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
...on your big day tomorrow, from a Wednesdayite.

It's been a long journey for you boys and girls, one which I hope we never have to go through. I'd hate to lose Hillsborough. Hope you have success in your new home and look forward to paying it a visit sometime (hopefully at least one league above where we are now). Anything's better than the Withdean, but your new ground looks lovely and is a credit to you and your board for your persistence and determination.

Cheers

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Thanks Dessie!
Good luck to Wednesday for this year. How do you think you'll do?

Cheers! Our prospects for this season undoubtedly depend on what other business we do before the end of August. Whilst we look very solid in comparision to last season, we've only got two strikers (Morrison & Madine) and we're down to one fit winger after JJ's injury. Semedo and Prutton look quality for League One and Julian Bennett is a beast of a left back. We've been linked with Benik Afobe from Arsenal, which would be good. If we can get two quality strikers and a winger in (someone in the Elliott Bennett mold would be lovely), I reckon we'll win more than we lose.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Many thanks, and very best of luck next season to Wednesday you dont deserve to be where you are

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Cheers! Our prospects for this season undoubtedly depend on what other business we do before the end of August. Whilst we look very solid in comparision to last season, we've only got two strikers (Morrison & Madine) and we're down to one fit winger after JJ's injury. Semedo and Prutton look quality for League One and Julian Bennett is a beast of a left back. We've been linked with Benik Afobe from Arsenal, which would be good. If we can get two quality strikers and a winger in (someone in the Elliott Bennett mold would be lovely), I reckon we'll win more than we lose.

Good luck for the season and thanks for your kind thoughts. I'm sure you'll have a good season and I would back you for promotion. (It's not every week you come up against a team as good as Alfreton :smile:(

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
What a great post, thanks very much for your kind wishes. Of course wishing you a prosperous season in return

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Lovely stuff there Dessie, thank you. All the best for the forthcoming season. :thumbsup:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
...on your big day tomorrow, from a Wednesdayite.

It's been a long journey for you boys and girls, one which I hope we never have to go through. I'd hate to lose Hillsborough. Hope you have success in your new home and look forward to paying it a visit sometime (hopefully at least one league above where we are now). Anything's better than the Withdean, but your new ground looks lovely and is a credit to you and your board for your persistence and determination.

Cheers

:clap::clap::clap:

Good luck to Wednesday for next season :)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Good luck to Wednesday, brought great support to Withdean last season!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The Guardian have Wednesday to go up as League 1 champions. In the same paper they have as tipped for a play off place.

Here's hoping they're right on both accounts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here