Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck to Watford on Saturday!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Watford are the only team I am wary of. However, that 1-3 defeat did not include Buckley, Ulloa or Upson. I think we have also Improved considerably. Vicente was not involved either and he could be our ace from the bench should we need him.

I am much more confident now than back then.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Other point to mention was we committed too many players forward chasing the game vs Watford and were left exposed for pace. We won't be doing that again.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It would still be a psychological advantage. The only side that we haven't beaten (that are in the mix) are Bolton.

Not sure about we'll have any psychological advantage there!! We've not beaten Bolton but we should have done and they weren't too clever at their place but in saying that I think Freedman is pretty canny and they've got the experience to handle the play offs perhaps better than anyone.

It will be interesting to see how the bookies have it. I'd imagine Watford would be favourites vs us (can only be Final obv) Bolton would be evens and we'd be favourites over the other 3 possibles

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm not convinced Watford are as scary as some people think. They're a decent side, sure, but we've improved massively since losing to them at the Amex. I honestly don't think they'd sweep us aside now as they did then. They are perfectly beatable.

Agree with this and it'd be a bloody good game. With regard to Bolton, although we haven't beaten them this season we have played them off the park twice but DF is emerging as a very canny manager + they've retained a lot of Premier League players (albeit who got relegated) so I reckon that could be a more difficult game

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Watford are the only team I am wary of. However, that 1-3 defeat did not include Buckley, Ulloa or Upson. I think we have also Improved considerably. Vicente was not involved either and he could be our ace from the bench should we need him.

I am much more confident now than back then.

Other point to mention was we committed too many players forward chasing the game vs Watford and were left exposed for pace. We won't be doing that again.[/QUOTE

Both good points, reassuring too!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i would rather face palace than bolton......bolton scare me - then in the final it doesnt matter who - its all about who wants it and tactics on the day........but hull would be very beatable for us.

ideal scenario is Palace Then Hull.......worst scenario Bolton then Watford or Forest in the final.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love how people refer to Dougie as "canny" and "smart" after their performances against us. It was part of his plan for us to hit the woodwork THREE times and miss a pen? Nothing canny about it, he was easily outsmarted by Gus and got bloody lucky.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I truly believe a palace semi final and hull final would give us the best chance of promotion, still don't want Palace to finish in the playoffs mind

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I love how people refer to Dougie as "canny" and "smart" after their performances against us. It was part of his plan for us to hit the woodwork THREE times and miss a pen? Nothing canny about it, he was easily outsmarted by Gus and got bloody lucky.
Indeed. I think we'd beat them easily over two legs.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Hope you're right. I can't stand the smug fukka but I've a fear he's been building his team bit by bit and they'll be a different prospect to what we saw here (although up there they weren't too hot). I'd just like to avoid them for now and both Palarse and Forest are better prospects for us imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here