Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good luck to Brighton from Brian Horton

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My dad still rates Horton as the best captain and one of the very best players he's seen at the Albion in his 50 years+ of support.

Edit: just seen the post two above this one!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I think Dave Turner was captain when I first started watching the Albion in the early 60's, and I've seen every captain we've had since then. In my opinion Brian Horton was our greatest ever captain and and also one of our best midfield players as well.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
My mum is 79 and still a STH. She regards Nobby as her favourite player of all time. She also tracked down and bought this for me which has pride of place in my study. nobby.jpg

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
What I remember was his relentless workrate, and the cajoling of others. Even if he was having an off-day he would never hide and always gave 100%. No mean skill level either. Legend.

I think he could have done more as a manager. Had some crappy breaks. Hope he is well, prosperous and happy.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Straight into my greatest Albion team and Skipper
One of the best midfield players I've seen wearing the stripes.

Got a bum deal when managing us at Priestfield but still made us money by buying a player then selling him for a profit without him putting an Albion shirt on.
( Can't think of his name now [emoji2959])

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm struggling to remember him ever being sent off when playing for us. And as for whether he'd get in our best-ever team, I imagine i speak for most fans of my age when I say he would not only walk into it but captain it.

That's because his tackles weren't illegal 40 years ago!

Well, maybe quite a few were, but not red or even yellow cards back then.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Remember his early games for us and what sticks out mainly for me was his work rate, leading by example, ball winning and a uncanny ability to be able to seemingly just stretch out a leg to intercept any ball played anywhere near him and to have that priceless ability of instant control of the ball. ( bit like how Biss is for us now) Definitely would be in my all time Albion 11 great great player and he gets 'IT'. Love Nobby, me!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Straight into my greatest Albion team and Skipper
One of the best midfield players I've seen wearing the stripes.

Got a bum deal when managing us at Priestfield but still made us money by buying a player then selling him for a profit without him putting an Albion shirt on.
( Can't think of his name now [emoji2959])

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Paul Holsgrove, we signed him after he was released by Stoke in June 98 and sold him to Hibs for about £100,000 just over a month later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here