Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good luck Chris..,

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I’m so sorry, this has gone right over my head?
Sorry, I'm showing my age. The other Paul Cook was drummer in the Sex Pistols. Steve Jones was the guitarist.

After the sex Pistols, both Paul and Steve formed the Professionals..

Which is where I got Steve Jones as number 2 and being professional.

Sorry!!!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This whole thread has gone over my head - Not once has any post on here or in BC Forums or in the Press or in Talksport or on Sky been in step with the time line of Events

I think today was the fist day that I have seen any news article post anything remotely accurate.

I can help with the previous posts: it's a play on members of The Sex Pistols, the drummer was Paul Cook, guitarist Steve Jones.

PS if you speak to him, you can to tell Chris that the vast majority of B&HA think he did a terrific job,* and wish him well in the future.

* That said, I'm also of the view, and it seems to be the majority one, that both the decision over and the timing of his departure was the right one.

I think he’s proven he is good enough for the Premier League with Newcastle, Norwich and us. As much as I like Potter, there’s no guarantee he would have kept us up in the first two years with the squad that we had. Hughton did a brilliant job in my view.

Having said that, I think Bristol City is a good move for him and he’ll probably get them promoted. I’d much rather see him there than Watford, who sack their manager every 20 games or so.

You’ve summed it up - good luck Chris

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If I was a chairman of a top half Championship team I'd be camping on his front lawn to get him to join my club frankly. The man's record at that level is ridiculous and would get almost anyone in there up within a couple of seasons.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wish him all the best, question is who is looking for a manager? I tend to doubt he will entertain someone being sacked so he can take over.

He could of course just be throwing his hat in the ring for once the sackings start. Strange that he wasn’t ready a month or so ago when there were jobs available

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Odd timing, very close to the start of the season so unlikely to get a job now - and then you're in sacking season around November/December time

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sky sports went looking for a news story during the quiet close season?

Doubt it - more likely Chris agent thought it was a good idea to get some press so he stays 'front of mind' and with the Bristol City thing good to get his name out there

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If I was a chairman of a top half Championship team I'd be camping on his front lawn to get him to join my club frankly. The man's record at that level is ridiculous and would get almost anyone in there up within a couple of seasons.

A colleague of mine is a Norwich STH who was full of negative comments about him when we announced him as our manager, I was all rose tinted and excited. They said the football would become dull and predictable. When we won promotion and our approach became about not being the whipping boys I was fully on board with survival was all that mattered but seeing how Potter has got Dunk, Propper, Bissouma et al playing has made me question what was going on.

I can see why his reputation may put some clubs off. Every promoted team to the Premier league has been relegated except us and we are lucky that Bloom made the change last summer to bring in Potter. Hopefully he can establish the club enough to sustain that stat for some time

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
A colleague of mine is a Norwich STH who was full of negative comments about him when we announced him as our manager, I was all rose tinted and excited. They said the football would become dull and predictable. When we won promotion and our approach became about not being the whipping boys I was fully on board with survival was all that mattered but seeing how Potter has got Dunk, Propper, Bissouma et al playing has made me question what was going on.

I can see why his reputation may put some clubs off. Every promoted team to the Premier league has been relegated except us and we are lucky that Bloom made the change last summer to bring in Potter. Hopefully he can establish the club enough to sustain that stat for some time

Is it really necessary to rehash this again?

Hughton kept the club in the PL for two seasons with limited resources (a bottom 3 budget) - it was a remarkable achievement. Potter has done well in the past year (I think the lockdown helped because clubs were figuring out how to play against Brighton - but he and the players did very well after the restart). However, this does not mean that Hughton would not have done as well. Potter had 5 new starters in the team and it is distinctly possible that Hughton could have done just as well. The stuff about Norwich is nonsense - Norwich (as they always do in the PL) made few resources available to Hughton and then panicked when things weren't going well. The reality is that Hughton is not just a good Championship manager - he is a good PL manager having managed 3 clubs over nearly 5 seasons with limited resources and has never been relegated - that is an incredible achievement in itself in the modern PL.

Potter has had a good season - the team generally has played well - and Bloom is clearly making the necessary resources available to sustain this. Keeping Dunk and White is important - as is getting Lallana and Veltman. There is still a need for another striker but there are also some good kids coming through and things look positive. Saying that, it is necessary to temper the optimism, there are still likely to be a few bumps on the road this coming season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A colleague of mine is a Norwich STH who was full of negative comments about him when we announced him as our manager, I was all rose tinted and excited.

I hope you stuck it to him BIG style after we humped them 5-0 at the Amex.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Wish him all the best, question is who is looking for a manager? I tend to doubt he will entertain someone being sacked so he can take over.

He could of course just be throwing his hat in the ring for once the sackings start. Strange that he wasn’t ready a month or so ago when there were jobs available

The ''Right Jobs'' came along at the wrong time when he wasn't ready to get back in to work

Then the ''Wrong Jobs'' came along at the right time when he was ready to get back into work.

My Dad was desperate for him to go to Celtic when they got knocked out of the Champions League at the First Hurdle for the 3rd Season running last week.

Other jobs will come up but the problem now is. It is going to be a Club which probably starts badly in the Championship or the PL and is under achieving which is a shame but that's life.

Good Points he made about the BLM movement in that interview though because it keeps that at the Forefront of people's thoughts especially with the US Election Coming up and the UK having quite a lot of Postal Voters for that Election.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The ''Right Jobs'' came along at the wrong time when he wasn't ready to get back in to work

Then the ''Wrong Jobs'' came along at the right time when he was ready to get back into work.

My Dad was desperate for him to go to Celtic when they got knocked out of the Champions League at the First Hurdle for the 3rd Season running last week.

Other jobs will come up but the problem now is. It is going to be a Club which probably starts badly in the Championship or the PL and is under achieving which is a shame but that's life.

Good Points he made about the BLM movement in that interview though because it keeps that at the Forefront of people's thoughts especially with the US Election Coming up and the UK having quite a lot of Postal Voters for that Election.

You honestly think Celtic would approach Hughton if they got rid of Lennon?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have absolutely no idea - Celtic don't pay that well though

Well maybe you should ask your dad then why he thinks Celtic would offer CH a job?

As for a Prem team that starts badly, I can't honestly see any looking to CH as their saviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here