Good Indian Restaurants in Worthing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ok chaps, another food related post from me :lolol:

Normally only get Indian takeaways so where is a GOOD tried + tested curry house in Worthing ?? Heard there is one down near the Aquarena which is very nice [opposite that bike shop] ? Used to goto shafeeqs on Goring Road too but not been for about 4-5 years.

Ideas please peopleeeeee

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Mahaan in Montague Street. Big place, decent bar while you wait, great food, no need to book.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
yep the one on Goring road is the dogs, that's exactly the one I thought of when I saw the thread title

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the mahaan has new owners . .. .gone down hill a bit

you're talking about spices which is decent. Personally prefer Golden Bengal down lyndhurst rd . . .best in wtg.

Eat in curry and the best without doubt is the japuir. . . .the absolute nuts

im a bit of a curry head, hope this helps

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
sorry , mis read post , eating in , don't look beyond jaupuir nr spices ....along from fish factory. You will love it !! staff decent , food amazing , atmosphere tops + great value

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Sharfiqs in the Goring road is the best by far, quite expensive, but never had a bad meal there in 10 years. The Mararaja in Rowlands road is good as well

Keep away from the Ashalata by the Mulberry.....

Worthing Keith

Jul 9, 2003
The Maharaj, Rowlands Road.

Keep going west past The Mahaan (not bad but 2nd to the above) about 150 yards further on.

Nice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BobbySmith said:
Sharfiqs in the Goring road

That is a superb Indian Restaurant - one of the best meals I have ever had.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shafiqs has been there since Albion were in the top division, constant good quality and the same owner as well. Most of the others I've found patchy in quality.

Noori's near the Aquarena was as good a curry as I've ever I've ever had in the UK when it first opened but went downhill soon afterwards, think they sent the chef back to the Brighton one. I haven't been back since I got food poisoning from a meal there. Don't know if it's even still there.

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Springal said:
Heard there is one down near the Aquarena which is very nice [opposite that bike shop] ?

I wouldn't bother with that one - had a couple of dodgy meals there in the past:sick:

But try The Royal Jaipur - just a hundred yards or so along from that one opposite Steyne Gardens on the Brighton Road.

They've been there 3 years or so now and have bulilt an excellent reputation. I've never had anything but excellent food there.

I used to always eat at Shafiques but haven't been back there since I discovered The Royal Jaipur - well worth a try, you won't be dissappointed and its rught near the town centre for the pubs :thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Three excellent ones in Seaford. :jester:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Golden Bengal very dissapointing this week. Smaller portions, and clearly some well out of date spices. They have been consistantly brilliant over the last four years, so maybe an off day.

Or maybe I have just got back from India and am still used to the real thing.

Tip-If you like apple crumble, try putting a tiny bit of chilli in it-from a rather exotic chef in Kerala. Brilliant

Vicar

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I heard there is a new one in Findon Village [near John Henrys] that is ran by the old owners of the Mahaan, any comments?

cheers all too :clap:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Springal said:
I heard there is a new one in Findon Village [near John Henrys] that is ran by the old owners of the Mahaan, any comments?

cheers all too :clap:

Went there a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it is run by the old chef from the Mahaan. It was very good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports