Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good deeds in Marseille

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
Great to see such positive reactions to the “Assault in away end” post. That such a thing can happen to one of our own by one of our own is disgusting. Thought I’d start one for all the positives that happened in Marseille. There must be many uplifting stories we can share to help us see what a great fan base we have.

We’ve already seen @Change at Barnham ’s story of Jacket and glasses come to a happy ending (I suspect many more of those in Amsterdam).

My own personal observations:

After the match we were kept behind for about an hour. My son and I were pretty near the front as we needed to get one of the first busses out as early start at 3am the next day to drive across France to get the 6pm Dieppe-Newhaven ferry. In front of us was a fairly old lady on her own and looking like she was a bit disoriented. Not sure who she was supposed to be with, but looked like she was well out of place. Two young lads took it on themselves to take great care of her. They protected her from the crush, especially when we were finally allowed to leave. Slowly walked her down the steps and got her to a bus. All the time talking calmly and reassuring her. Hope she got “home” ok. But great credit to the two lads. Couldn’t have done a better job if it had been their own grandmother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here