Good boozer in Hove?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
still no one has answered where in Hove you can get good tapas in a pub. I cannot believe there is such a dearth of places selling such a traditional pub staple.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
A search of the web came up with "The Ancient Mariner" perhaps locals could say whether any good or not.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A search of the web came up with "The Ancient Mariner" perhaps locals could say whether any good or not.

The Ancient Mariner in Poets Corner is okay, a bit up itself, but normally has nice food, selection of ales and decent lagers.

The Poets Corner pub (Harveys) just up the road is a pretty good 'proper' traditional pub that also does good reasonable food, while you also have on Portland Road, The Westbourne and the yummy mummies popular daytime haunt The Stoneham (which has a proper pizza oven). All these are about 5 mins or so walk from each other.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I wonder if anyone can help me? I'm looking for a public house within the municipality of Brighton and Hove that would be able to cook me up a whole turbot for me and my chums to share? Oh and it must also be full of Albion fans and on the hour every hour it has to play a piece by Chopin, oh and sorry I almost forgot the barmaids also have to be easy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wonder if anyone can help me? I'm looking for a public house within the municipality of Brighton and Hove that would be able to cook me up a whole turbot for me and my chums to share? Oh and it must also be full of Albion fans and on the hour every hour it has to play a piece by Chopin, oh and sorry I almost forgot the barmaids also have to be easy.

The Open House, London Road ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here