Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good article in The Argus

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There is certainly no real reason to celebrate anything - post match relief aside.

Why Knight was looking so SMUG in the North Stand and everyone was clapping him from the pitch I don't know...

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
There is certainly no real reason to celebrate anything - post match relief aside.

Why Knight was looking so SMUG in the North Stand and everyone was clapping him from the pitch I don't know...

No of-course NOTHING to celebrate being 8 points off safety with 7 gamaes to go is something to celebrate, i know what your going to say "we shouldnt of been in that position in the first place" but we were and we survived so in my mind thats something to celebrate.....:lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As I said, in the heat of the moment it was GREAT. I was on the pitch cheering and excited like everyone else.

However, in the cold light of day, coming 16th is nothing to celebrate. Nicky Forster said as much in his post-match interview.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Exactly, it's not like I refused to celebrate at the final whistle, I celebrated then because the way we escaped was fantastic BUT no one can deny the season as a whole has been very, very disappointing.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Indeed but where we were 8 games ago is an achievement considering how far we were off the pace, but yes it has been a disappointing season Overall.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

You know that he was feeling smug do you?

I think you would have said that whatever his facial expression, because you want it to be the case so you can criticise.

He and the board deserve criticism for the appointment of MA but please don't make things up for cheap shots.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

For smugness that you call it, was almost certainly relief. Some of you will do anything to have a jibe at the chairman.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
As I said, in the heat of the moment it was GREAT. I was on the pitch cheering and excited like everyone else.

However, in the cold light of day, coming 16th is nothing to celebrate. Nicky Forster said as much in his post-match interview.

agreed..antastic day and all that but we were saying anything lower than 6th was a failure considering last seasons finish and the money we hgave spent. This season was a shambles and best forgotten bar a few good memories like the City win

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
For smugness that you call it, was almost certainly relief. Some of you will do anything to have a jibe at the chairman.

Does to a degree deserve to be smug. None of you gave slade a chance he did and look what hapened. I for one would like to thank dick for that (despite the calamatous appointment of micky.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think someone is in a bad mood....

Think they would have preferred us to have gone down, that way they would have alot more to complain about over the summer.

Thats what they seem to enjoy more than actually following and supporting the team anymore

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
agreed..antastic day and all that but we were saying anything lower than 6th was a failure considering last seasons finish and the money we hgave spent. This season was a shambles and best forgotten bar a few good memories like the City win

I agree but when you look back it's the endings that you remember rather than the beginnings. If we'd been top 6 all season and dropped out to finish, say, 10th this would have been seen as a much worse season than the way it did finish. This way we can have hope that our performance over the last 7 games can be carried forward to next season. Given a settled team and manager I believe we can do just that.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Does to a degree deserve to be smug. None of you gave slade a chance he did and look what hapened. I for one would like to thank dick for that (despite the calamatous appointment of micky.

This must be a joke? Personally speaking Slade was my first choice, he should have been appointed ASAP. It was Dick Knight who, not content with being largely to blame for the managerial sham since MM was appointed, wasted time chasing Ince/Gannon around when the right (but less fashionable option) was right in front of him. Slade was not Dick Knight's number one choice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'd disagree. For Russell Slade it was a personal triumph, and one properly acknowledged by the Albion faithful. It was right and fitting that the players didn't hang around for any kind of lap of anything, because it was Slade's day - and the fans. Certainly don't think celebration is the wrong word, given where we were six weeks ago.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'd disagree. For Russell Slade it was a personal triumph, and one properly acknowledged by the Albion faithful. It was right and fitting that the players didn't hang around for any kind of lap of anything, because it was Slade's day - and the fans. Certainly don't think celebration is the wrong word, given where we were six weeks ago.

Slade can celebrate the way he has transformed this side and acheived the near impossible task of keeping us up. Fans can celebrate the fact we have stayed up and give thanks to Sir Baldy. Players (most of them) have under acheived so can learn lessons and improve for next season. Dick Knight hasn't exactly covered himself in glory so should also look at what lessons should be learned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here