Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gonzalez Signs

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he acts like a muppet between the sticks can we call him Gonzo ???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As well as Brez has done in the last few games, he is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion. Certainly not good enough to get us out of this division, well not in the right direction anyway.

What the problem with signing this guy for 5 months and seeing what he is like ? before someone else does...he must have shown up pretty well in training.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think Gus has signed this keeper on a lowish wage to give him chance to havea look at him in training before he makes any decisions in the summer about players for next season.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
whats the problem?

no 1- Brez
no 2- Gonzalez
on loan- Poke
to sell- Dogshit Ankergren

No need for crap like that-he's still an Albion player and helped get us promoted.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What is the point?

Isn't that obvious ?

I think it's a sensible move by the club. 5 months to have a proper look at him before offering a much longer deal. Both of our keepers are prone to howlers.

I never feel comfortable with any of them even know Brez has done well for a couple of games. You just know he won't keep it up.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He is a good keeper who will challenge Brez and Casper - you can criticise elements of pretty well every keeper's game and their form will fluctuate - having three who are capable of playing in the first team is a necessary luxury if we want to keep them all on their toes and on top of their games. I get a bit peeved that people slag Ankergren off so easily when he has done so well for us since he arrived. His role as an extra defender has been crucial to us and Brez doesn't offer that. He can however catch a cross which Casper seemed increasingly unable to do. However when Casper's form slipped Brez was ready and able to step up. Gonzales will now push them both in a way that Poke never could. It has to be good news especially with contracts expiring

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Gus rang me tonight !!
He's being farmed out to my Sunday side at Crowborough Athletic on loan for 25 Mars Bars and and a crate of Newcastle Brown !

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Oh the fickle winds of NSC....

last year - Brez shit.. get shot - evidence Stoke FA cup
now - Brez god - we dont need anyone else

last year - Ankergren - hero - top keeper
this year - waste of space

Face it, Brez can be brilliant but he is a confidence keeper... we cant rely on that in the Champ. Casper is ok but no better than Brez. We need a REAL championship keeper and have done all season... compare Harper to Brez. Maybe Gonzalez is the answer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ankergen, the keeper who kept for us as we walked League One last season, and who presided over us while we were top of the Championship for the first few months of the season? I don't think we should be consigning him to the dustbin just yet.
Quite. There are some right dicks on here.

Sep 1, 2010
Oh the fickle winds of NSC....

last year - Brez shit.. get shot - evidence Stoke FA cup
now - Brez god - we dont need anyone else

last year - Ankergren - hero - top keeper
this year - waste of space

Face it, Brez can be brilliant but he is a confidence keeper... we cant rely on that in the Champ. Casper is ok but no better than Brez. We need a REAL championship keeper and have done all season... compare Harper to Brez. Maybe Gonzalez is the answer.

We do need a better standard keeper for sure. But from my point of view it was never a case of how you have summarised it. Just that Brez has taken his chance well and Ankergren deserved to get dropped at this point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here