Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOLF Question - What is a good club to join around B&H..

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Just wondering, I was a member at ES National, but its too expensive and too far away. I was looking at Littlehampton which seems good, but maybe just a bit too far away, any other NSCers members at clubs? Good or bad experiences?

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
Hill Barn worthing is pretty good.

and when you get membership there you also get membership at the 2 Chichester courses as well.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Just wondering, I was a member at ES National, but its too expensive and too far away. I was looking at Littlehampton which seems good, but maybe just a bit too far away, any other NSCers members at clubs? Good or bad experiences?

I've never been a member anywhere, but I like playing Singing Hills and Mid Sussex. There are loads of others to choose from.

I would imagine there are some good deals on memebership at the mo, they must be suffering in these times.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Rustington golf centre is ok,18 tee 9 green course,also got a decent par 3 course,3 accademy holes and a good range 480 quid a year ,no joining fee.

Good driving range I agree, it's the one I use all the time. I also have lessons with one of the pros there and can also recommend that.

The course itself, however, is not all that good. It's ok in it's way, but it's all rather flat and not particularly challenging, and as it's 2x9s it get very congested at times. Don't get me wrong, I do play there several times a year, particularly if I just want to play on my own, but it's not that special.

It used to have a nice cafe area that did decent club sandwiches and chips, which went down well before or after a round, but sadly that is no more.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
singing hills, pycombe, mannings heath are all good.

im selling a set of hippo golf clubs for 85.00 ono if you know of anyone??

have posted on the board but no takers!!

D

Deleted User X18H

To be honest Hollingbury is ok its a good test and well kept and you get Waterhall thrown in for you fees as well!!

Social side a bit basic though!!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We do our corporate golf days at Mannings Heath.

Facilities seem rather good.

IMO the best around. Two high quality courses.(Especially the 'old course')

Not cheap though. It's owned by the same people who own South Lodge Hotel (where the G20 Finance Ministers met the other week.)

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I may be interested. I presume they're a mens set?

yes, and not left handed!! full set of irons and i think 2 drivers with bag. in good nick. pm me if you want to arrange a look at them (7 dials area)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Mannings Heath is good, but too far away, I'm going to play the Dyke this weekend and hopefully East Hove if I can then decide, just want somewhere close by to pop up at nights and that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here