Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Golf Package (3 Day 2 Rounds) - Spain

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hi The NSC Collective,

Does anyone have any experience of a golf packages in Spain please.

Four of us, 28 handicappers at best (so don't need top of the range course)
3 nights and 2 rounds, happy to do same course twice
Me (61) and three Sons (40, 20 & 17), looking for a reasonable hotel (****+) or Apartment on or near a course, with restaurants and bars near by, don't need banging nightlife.
Will take four sets of clubs too, rather than hire.

Looking for an accom, flight and green fees package.

Appreciate any recommendations or travel groups to start with, thank you in anticipation

Edit: Looking to go away 14 Jul - 17 Jul (and would consider driving to Central France too)

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Get one of these each and you can pretend you went on holiday from the comfort of your own sitting room. For two hours, anyway.

1686014747-Apple-WWCD23-Vision-Pro-rotation-230605jpglarge-2x.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Portugal is always good for golf holiday.

try golfbreaks.com who have very good deals.

we are looking at renting a villa in Spain on a golf course during the winter for a month and most of them are really reasonable and you have access to the facilities and some of them throw in cheap rounds!

hope you find somewhere nice

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
If you don't mind Portugal Vale de Lobo has stacks of accommodation, two excellent courses and fantastic facilities. It's a great place for a golf break and there are any number of other courses within a twenty mile radius.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So @dazzer6666 is my man, thank you :)
Not for Spain I’m afraid, only done a few trips (Fuengirola and Malaga), both ok and plenty of choice of hotel and courses, but have mostly been to Portugal for golf trips which we’ve found much nicer (ironically I’ve just arrived in Portugal today but only have one round planned!).

The Algarve is so easy…….courses, hotel and transportation all packaged and at great prices, huge range of courses and plenty to keep you occupied in the evenings. Happy to expand on location and courses if you need it.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Not for Spain I’m afraid, only done a few trips (Fuengirola and Malaga), both ok and plenty of choice of hotel and courses, but have mostly been to Portugal for golf trips which we’ve found much nicer (ironically I’ve just arrived in Portugal today but only have one round planned!).

The Algarve is so easy…….courses, hotel and transportation all packaged and at great prices, huge range of courses and plenty to keep you occupied in the evenings. Happy to expand on location and courses if you need it.
Golf trips to Vilamoura are popular. Golf is cheaper in the holiday packages than for the locals and you can get transport bundled in between the hotels and courses. 5 courses to choose from.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Golf trips to Vilamoura are popular. Golf is cheaper in the holiday packages than for the locals and you can get transport bundled in between the hotels and courses. 5 courses to choose from.
Vilamoura is way more expensive (20-30%) than Alvor where we’ve been for the last 10 years or so. We’ve tended to get a package from a local agent (who is very good) using the Pestana Group hotels and courses (although we often add one non-Pestana course for variety). Actually also prefer Alvor to Vilamoura as a town anyway.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Vilamoura is way more expensive (20-30%) than Alvor where we’ve been for the last 10 years or so. We’ve tended to get a package from a local agent (who is very good) using the Pestana Group hotels and courses (although we often add one non-Pestana course for variety). Actually also prefer Alvor to Vilamoura as a town anyway.
The Pestana courses are also good

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I get quotes for various options most years but Alvor/Pestana always seems way better value than Vilamoura (typically using former Oceanico group courses) - always use these : https://www.playbettergolf-algarve.com/

Fantastic service for the last 15 years or so

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

That would be great, thank you, as it seems this is the better place to go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here