Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone retail park

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Wow Kudos to all still boycotting. I bow down to you. I boycotted for a number of years but grandchildren wanting things from Toys'r'us seemed more important so I've given up these days

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Alan Navarro getting stick from some on twitter for going there today apprently, slightly harsh.

He wouldn't know what was there before. I started going there this summer as we now have a home at the Amex. I still feel sad at losing the Goldstone but that's past now and we have a great future ahead of us. Never forget but let the past be the past.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I need some thing from Comet. I'll go to Lewes Road.
People I know say I'm nuts not to even drive past.
I don't care.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Alan Navarro getting stick from some on twitter for going there today apprently, slightly harsh.

Slightly. Indeed, how would he be expected to know. I wouldn't drive by there for over ten years but I've visited once for my kids sake when we had permission for Falmer. Still wish for a plague on their houses mind.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
None of what happened was the faults of those shops. I've not been there, but it wouldn't stop me going if I needed to.

Pretty much this. The sofa I'm sat on right now came from DFS, and Mrs P actually worked in the Comet there for a while a few years back. I'm not one to cut off my nose to spite my face. I don't generally choose to go there, but if a great deal on something I want happens to be on in one of the outlets there, then I'll take it.

sparky999

Aug 5, 2011
i reluctantly go there, on occasions, and my misses would probably divorce me if i refused.... (maybe i should refuse)...

whenever i am there, im constantly walking around the car park trying to find the spot of stuart storer when he scored against doncaster....
oh and the centre spot, which i think would be in toys r us somewhere....

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Something inside me says that if I set foot in the place there will be a puff of sulphur and I'll turn into a plastic manc complete with shirt.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Couldn't face going there for years - even when we bought a sofa I insisted that we went to the Croydon branch rather than the Brighton DFS. However, with the Amex being built I got over it last summer and got a birthday present for my son from Toys R Us.

Besides it's where the sponsored bike ride of the four stadiums started from ...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
i reluctantly go there, on occasions, and my misses would probably divorce me if i refused.... (maybe i should refuse)...

whenever i am there, im constantly walking around the car park trying to find the spot of stuart storer when he scored against doncaster....
oh and the centre spot, which i think would be in toys r us somewhere....
Storer scored in the south goal :facepalm:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Having been in DFS once I can't imagine why anyone would ever buy anything in any of their branches. The slimiest salesmen I've ever come across.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Never shopped there and never will. I have no problem with those that do, but for me it is hallowed ground.

Although the stands are no longer there, on occasion when I do drive past, I visualise it as it used to be rather than see the tawdry sheds that occupy the land now.

Will never set foot there while breath in my body. The bast*rds never had the decency to recognize the club in anyway on the site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here