Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Park Valuation

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Less than £1m return p/y for a £41m investment - not great value really, but I wouldn't turn it down.

The Goldstone was originally sold to Chartwell for £7M to pay off the club's outstanding debts (Wasn't the Bamber estate owed £6M ?). Chartwell then sold on the land WITH planning permission for a retail park for £23M. The £41M figure is a current valuation and rental yields on commercial property are a steady earner and low risk , Scottish Widows (Lloyds) would have paid a lot less to acquire the retail park to stick in their portfolio.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
so where did the cup final cash go exactly?

I believe Dick had a new detached villa in Spain built in the mid eighties and the mortgage was paid off a few years later with nice crispy tenners :lolol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
:banana:Barber FOR THE WIN!:banana:

D

Deleted User X18H

The Goldstone was originally sold to Chartwell for £7M to pay off the club's outstanding debts (Wasn't the Bamber estate owed £6M ?). Chartwell then sold on the land WITH planning permission for a retail park for £23M. The £41M figure is a current valuation and rental yields on commercial property are a steady earner and low risk , Scottish Widows (Lloyds) would have paid a lot less to acquire the retail park to stick in their portfolio.

Bamber estate owed £6m? Are you sure? Mike loved the Albion LOVED them with all his heart. I can't imagine there being any amount outstanding and didn't Bedson and Sizen buy him out completely. I will never forget Jean at the centenary dinner. What she said epitomized what Mike felt about the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here