Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

goldstone northstand

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Oh, and for the record, JH refered to above now supports Millwall, or at least he did when I last saw him a few years ago with his brother.

I knew a lad called Peggy (Peter Knowles) who used to come to the Albion games with our crowd back in the 60's/70's.

He always said his allegiance was to Wolves, and for the life of me I don't know why.

A few years ago I bumped into him in the street, having not seen him in years. Asked him how 'his Wolves' were doing to which he replied 'I support Millwall now."

Walked away shaking my head. :eek::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
there were some wierd and wonderfull charectors around late 70s mid 80s the strangest for me was a lad called snake, probably a little older than myself but bumped into him a few times in the north stand and at away matches he always wore those dexys midnight runners dungerees,total mental case, made mad dog of millwall look like puppy dog,im sure theres a few on here that would have known him,i know he joined the army around the time of the falklands war and that was the last i ever heard or saw of the snake.there was toof from the eclipse that wore the yellow southwester mac all the time and swore it was armani :lolol: ,since the goldstones demise the clubs home support have splintered and dispersed and over time faded,from time to time you will see the odd face in the crowd you recognise from days gone by but in the main the north stand camaraderie has long since gone. God willing those around in those days have managed to keep thier kids interested in the club and we can fill our new stadium and perhaps the old northstand songs will be heard once again .

Totally agree, but I am sure once Falmer comes along there will be a stand where all the old Northstanders will gather... all be it 15-20 years on from back then and we should all be a little be more sensible now. :lol:

JH pissing in the North Stand only ever happened one to my knowledge, cannot remember who it was against, but we had all been drinking and it was so packed it was almost impossible to get to the toilets.

As for being "filled with respect" - where did that cme from? He was one of my best mates, simple as that.

Oh, and as for changing teams, that was a bit of a problem with him. I guess the only team he had any real liking for was Rangers, as that is who his parents supported?

When we first started going to football, he supported Man Utd, then used to go to Chelsea and BHA with me, then moved up to London near Waterloo and told me he was going to watch Millwall now.

I guess you didn't like the cellary or the blow-up fyfe bananas either? Are you one of the c unts who go to Withdean moaning about fans having fun?

I liked the knocking off of police tit-hats and passing around the crowd, and I liked most of the songs we sang in the North Stand.
Like I said, I just didn't like that chant. Because you were the lead singer doesn't make it great either.
"go left right left" crap chant, simple as that.

I go to Withdean to work for The Albion now.
Do stop trying to be clever - clever won't suit you.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I liked the knocking off of police tit-hats and passing around the crowd,

Shame you don't wear a hat isn't it! Oh what fun and merriment we could have.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here