Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Ground Montage

el punal

This absolutely has me in floods of tears - so emotional. My missus says not to watch it cos it has the same result every time. Such a mixture of pride, sadness and anger - Archer, Stanley and Bellotti robbed my daughter of her birthright as she was only two when they erased our ground and it's history. I never got to take her. The bonus is she's Brighton through and through and still comes to games with her old dad - next one next week v. Huddersfield. Up the Albion, and up yours, Archer!
Well done you! I was fortunate that I managed to take both my daughters to the Goldstone and despite never having lived in Sussex they are both Brighton through and through! Big family day for the Bolton game next month all three generations are going to be there. Bring it on!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This absolutely has me in floods of tears - so emotional. My missus says not to watch it cos it has the same result every time. Such a mixture of pride, sadness and anger - Archer, Stanley and Bellotti robbed my daughter of her birthright as she was only two when they erased our ground and it's history. I never got to take her. The bonus is she's Brighton through and through and still comes to games with her old dad - next one next week v. Huddersfield. Up the Albion, and up yours, Archer!

They erased the ground but not the history. You can't erase that; it will always be there. And you are still going with your "Brighton through and through" daughter. It's turned out fine!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More of a case of feeling vary sad watching it first time around. Didn't fancy it again. For those who have not seen it feel free to dive in, quite haunting.

Fair enough, your original post came across to me as a bit snotty and dismissive. I inferred the tone incorrectly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here