Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone fences, when did they go up?

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Surely Bates never got his electric fence dream? I remember him wanting it though.

ken bates.JPG

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Given the quality of the catering at the Goldstone, surely the wagon wheel was actually an overcooked burger?

That's quite correct, overcooked burgers were smothered in chocolate and rebranded as waggon wheels. If you are reading this Mr.Barber, it might be a way of saving money?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It was good fortune that there wereno fences at the S purs game.

Spurs didn't come across from the away area, they were already in the North Stand (having bought tickets at the reserve game where they were sold)

Fortunately when the trouble,started, those who wanted to get out could do so onto the pitch.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I remember the fences going up but not sure when but what I particularly remember is Millwall coming down when the away fans were put in the Northeast corner the fencing was reinforced with the spinning spikes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I feel the need to confess a grievous sin!

It was me who got the terrace down at the front of the East next to the away pen closed.🙀😡

It was the Blackburn rovers game, we were 2-0 up and had just scored. I was jumping up and down wildly celebrating when I stepped on the edge of the terrace steps and it gave way, and I broke my ankle. I was carted off to hospital and later was visited by club officials who wanted to know what happened and basically wanted to make sure I wasn't going to sue the club, which I wasnt.

Anyway, a few weeks later, the terrace was closed and that big blue hoarding went up near the bottom by the barrier/ corridor area.

I am so sorry!

Jan 30, 2008
Remember some nasty surges through the gates of the north stand fences ,used to have a sterward manning them then replaced by the OB
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here