Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The poor lad is having a mare. Massive shame as he has been golden so far - got to feel sorry for him.

How is he 'having a mare' as you so succinctly put it? The last thing the lad needs is for you to be getting on his back.

Yes ok, so we lost today, but het that happens. Forget about it, and on to our next game now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The reaction of people on this site really does get to me sometimes.

How many games have we lost this season?, five. Where are we in the table?, fourth. So we lose a game today and all of a sudden a lot of people think we are rubbish!

I really do despair sometimes.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

How many games have we lost this season?, five. Where are we in the table?, fourth. So we lose a game today and all of a sudden a lot of people think we are rubbish!

Yep, last 6 games, Won 4 Drawn 1 Lost 1

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Unfortunately there are a few fans who feel that somebody MUST be to blame, when things go wrong. It's always the same.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Despite being positive in previous posts on this thread, gotta say that the comprehensive nature of the defeat today by a not-all-that Cardiff team has to be a serious concern if we have any aspirations at all towards promotion this season, whether automatic or otherwise.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I agree, but today we really were rubbish in the first half, I actually thought we improved in the second half (a little).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, easy to blame Goldson, Skalak or Hughton even, but ultimately too many players didn't turn up and regardless of formations and tactics, it goes out of the window if players don't perform to a level they should be.

Yes. Just done the ratings thread. I use '6' as an average, and I think I only had 3 players as average.

However, despite all the poor performances, the tactics were not great today (hindsight is wonderful) and I cannot understand why we deviate from 4-4-2, when it has been proven to be successful. Given the fantastic job Hughton has done, he is allowed an off-day as well.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Having just got home from the match I would like to say that most had a mare today. Worst performance in the first half since CH has been here. To single out Goldson is ridiculous, if anything he was slightly better than Dunky today. However I would say that the weather was awful espesically defending the goal we did in the first half. Not sure if it came across on TV but it was blowing a hooley right into our players faces. Once reorganised at half time we started excellently in the second half and if Knockheart, who was as bad as anyone, had of kept his composure we would have gone to 3-2 and who knows what would happen. They then get a, what looked like, a soft penalty and killed us off. Had knocky of scored I genuinely think we may of got something out of the game.
Bad day all round but this happens in this league. Some of the posters on here need go and pick up their dummies that they have thrown out of their cots and realise that this will happen and move on to BC on Tuesday! No need to panic!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Having just got home from the match I would like to say that most had a mare today. Worst performance in the first half since CH has been here. To single out Goldson is ridiculous, if anything he was slightly better than Dunky today. However I would say that the weather was awful espesically defending the goal we did in the first half. Not sure if it came across on TV but it was blowing a hooley right into our players faces. Once reorganised at half time we started excellently in the second half and if Knockheart, who was as bad as anyone, had of kept his composure we would have gone to 3-2 and who knows what would happen. They then get a, what looked like, a soft penalty and killed us off. Had knocky of scored I genuinely think we may of got something out of the game.
Bad day all round but this happens in this league. Some of the posters on here need go and pick up their dummies that they have thrown out of their cots and realise that this will happen and move on to BC on Tuesday! No need to panic!
HAVE kept. HAVE scored. Learn English

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here