Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Goldson is the future, if he's going to fulfill his potential he has to play .

Greer should now be back up

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
so hardly comparable to Stuart Pearce I his hey day but would be a nice thought if he was to turn out that good

Does this mean that he can play left back like Stuart Pearce did as if so perhaps we should sign him although he's not that experienced and I've heard Jlloyd Samuel is also available. Has anyone seen my glasses Ashley Cole.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The point you make about Jamie Cureeton stating that Goldson and Stuart Pearce were his 2 most difficult opponents you have to take into account Cureton could possibly have ben about 38 when he came up against Goldson, so hardly comparable to Stuart Pearce I his hey day but would be a nice thought if he was to turn out that good
He was asked (presumably) to pick out three from his twenty two years that stood out above the rest. So, he probably knows what he's talking about. Just appreciate it, don't pick holes. Hopefully (and according to most on here it is looking hopeful) we have landed a good 'un.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Does this mean that he can play left back like Stuart Pearce did as if so perhaps we should sign him although he's not that experienced and I've heard Jlloyd Samuel is also available. Has anyone seen my glasses Ashley Cole.

Listen - You have been told before. Bens Grandad is in charge of left back recruitment

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I actually just read BGs ratings in the Huddersfield match and on Murphy it states something like, ''needs the support of a left back'' And whilst I actually agree with that comment on Murphy. The left back position has become something of an obsession for BG bless him

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I thought Ridgewell was distinctly average.

I agree although from the top of the West it was difficult to see his organisational skills. As for Connaught Goldstone,he's a real serious prospect but I can see Hewton bringing Greer back when fit, its just the conservative way he does things (Hewton that is). Hic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We still have this problem of conceding from crosses, happens all to regularly, but I don't think the blame can be pointed at Goldson this particular time.

Also, watching Ridgewell today and his organisation skills, his constant chat to the back four was immense I thought. The little things do get missed sometimes.

Agree with this, but there was also one point in the first when Hudds had a corner that he was utterly lost - before the ball came in he had no idea who he was supposed to be marking.....went on for quite a while.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Agree with this, but there was also one point in the first when Hudds had a corner that he was utterly lost - before the ball came in he had no idea who he was supposed to be marking.....went on for quite a while.

I must have missed that but if every player was a perfect 10 every game we'd be Barcelona.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I must have missed that but if every player was a perfect 10 every game we'd be Barcelona.

We'd be what Barcelona would like to be. It's all about whether you get punished for the errors or not. Dunk played very well yesterday and that's what most people remember (rightly) but he had one mess up in the corner where he gifted the ball to their forward who kindly lost control and kicked it out for a goal kick, he kicks it in the goal and everyone remembers the error. The trick is to not have costly mistakes, because you will certainly have some mistakes every game - how to do that? A bit harder to answer!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We'd be what Barcelona would like to be. It's all about whether you get punished for the errors or not. Dunk played very well yesterday and that's what most people remember (rightly) but he had one mess up in the corner where he gifted the ball to their forward who kindly lost control and kicked it out for a goal kick, he kicks it in the goal and everyone remembers the error. The trick is to not have costly mistakes, because you will certainly have some mistakes every game - how to do that? A bit harder to answer!

It'll always happen, we aren't robots, I make mistakes at work although I never admit to them :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here