Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yeah I agree, I said this when he came on against Boro, very composed, decent in the air and a solid defender.
Let's not go OTT. Boro scored from a corner within 30 seconds of his introduction the other week!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
A real positive from tonight looked very good. Also thought Manu looked better tonight. I wonder if he will start against Wolves

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Loved the way dunk and Goldson went on wild runs from defence with the ball . Added a new dimension that bodes well

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A real positive from tonight looked very good. Also thought Many looked better tonight as well. Wonder if he will start against Wolves
Hope that Elvis comes good. He surely must start against Wolves; there is no other option if we are playing two wingers.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
A real positive from tonight looked very good. Also thought Manu looked better tonight. I wonder if he will start against Wolves

Agree. Manu could be very VERY good if he adds just a little composure, nous and experience to his game. Raw attributes? Has them in bundles. Just my opinion like

(And Goldson sure was superb, so nice having a back two with pace)

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Agree with everything that has been said in this thread, but he needs to play alongside another central defender - not a blind donkey who has single-handedly lost us about 9 points this season. Greer is too old and has been for the last two or three seasons, and I still remain to be sufficiently convinced that the BFG is a solid defender. I think we need to buy a LEADER in January; yes Goldson played well but his evident anxiety (which is inevitable for a début in an important match) provokes a lack of communication with the other defenders. That said, he did captain some games for Shrewsbury at the age of just 21-22 I think. A promising prospect.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Very impressed with Goldson, but for me Crofts edged MOM.

Spoke really well on BBC Sussex after the game too, hope he has a good run of games / minutes and gets into that Wales squad for next summer.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Agree with everything that has been said in this thread, but he needs to play alongside another central defender - not a blind donkey who has single-handedly lost us about 9 points this season. Greer is too old and has been for the last two or three seasons, and I still remain to be sufficiently convinced that the BFG is a solid defender. I think we need to buy a LEADER in January; yes Goldson played well but his evident anxiety (which is inevitable for a début in an important match) provokes a lack of communication with the other defenders. That said, he did captain some games for Shrewsbury at the age of just 21-22 I think. A promising prospect.

Let's hope he never makes any mistakes tho, cos if he does, he may even be called worse than a blind donkey
FFS

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
I thought he looked nervous early on, but his confidence grew, I very much liked that he wanted to bring the ball forward and look for a pass to midfield, something I've observed Uwe never does, he always passes square...a big positive from tonight..

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He was good. Lets go overboard, good solid start for,what is hopefully a long career with us. He certainly looks the part

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Looked like he had played dozens of games at that level, very impressed. Hope he doesn't get cast aside when Greer and BFG are fit, as if he carries on playing like that we have bought a gem

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Bit ott. I thought he had an OK game, a promising debut. He was too easily turned on two occasions I remember and you could see he has played only at lower league level with his distribution. however, he shows great potential and I think he should be paired with Greer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here