Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson out for season!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry if this has been posted before - I couldn't see it but hope you find it interesting ! (from the Argus)

Brighton and Hove Albion winger Anthony Knockaert tells close friend Connor Goldson he will be a Premier League player next season

Brothers in arms. Anthony Knockaert (left) and Connor Goldson
Brothers in arms. Anthony Knockaert (left) and Connor Goldson
5 hrs ago / Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter
3 comments
Don't be the last to know! Get the latest local news straight to your inbox.

Your email address
Anthony Knockaert has made a promise to his best friend in football, which he intends to keep.

The Frenchman has told team-mate Connor Goldson that Albion will be in the Premier League when he returns to action.

Knockaert made the pledge while Goldson recovered in hospital from an operation to correct a heart condition spotted in routine screening by the club.

The surgery in London last week went well and the central defender is on course to resume his career next season.

Goldson, 24, was signed by Albion from Shrewsbury in August 2015.

Wing star Knockaert, a year older, arrived from Standard Liege in Belgium five months later and they bonded instantly.

Goldson's plight has given Knockaert another incentive to clinch promotion following the death of his father, Patrick, earlier in the season.

Knockaert told The Argus: "We talk every day and I'm delighted his operation went well. I told him don't worry when you come back on a football pitch, it will be in the Premier League. We will do it for you.

Play-offs not the aim but Albion are already almost there
Knockaert makes promotion promise to Albion pal Goldson
Albion boss braced for a real battle against Birmingham
Albion winger happy for Newcastle to win title
How experience is helping Albion cope with their defensive changes
"He's an important player for us and we know his quality and what he can bring to the the team. Now I cannot lie to him - we have to do it.

"We hit it off straight away. He came to speak to me and I knew he was a good guy, you can see when someone is good. We laugh every day together. He's a very good friend, someone I can trust a lot.

"He was really behind me when my dad passed away and these are things you cannot forget.

"Everyone was like this when my Dad passed away, but with Connor it's something special we have together. "

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You'll have to stop sending links to Connor's Twitter account. His tweets are only for special friends and I, for one, can't be a*sed to qualify.

Oh blimey, I didn't realise. I must be trusted!!

Basically, he's sitting up in hospital with a three inch scar down the middle of his chest, which has spoilt his tattoo a bit, but looks very cheerful.

The words are
Probably the happiest man to be on the way home with (name of girlfriend) Get me on the sofa and watch my boys. Another massive game

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Oh blimey, I didn't realise. I must be trusted!!

Basically, he's sitting up in hospital with a three inch scar down the middle of his chest, which has spoilt his tattoo a bit, but looks very cheerful.

The words are
Probably the happiest man to be on the way home with (name of girlfriend) Get me on the sofa and watch my boys. Another massive game

Excellent. Still haven't seen the image but, I feel for his poor tattoo.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He may find the going even tougher next season, having to get past Uwe, and then Shane, to line up alongside Lewis in the team, (if they are all still here of course).

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He may find the going even tougher next season, having to get past Uwe, and then Shane, to line up alongside Lewis in the team, (if they are all still here of course).
He'll also have to squeeze past anyone that joins in the summer as well...back of the queue!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here