Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldson and Dunk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Credit to Hughton for sticking with this pairing when both players have had their shaky moments. Hughton has not allowed a dip in form to shake his belief in both these players and he has been repaid with fine performances.

Goldson has been particularly pleasing to watch as he made the step up from Shrewsbury with ease and did not allow himself to get phased by early errors. There is a wise old head on those young shoulders.

Anyway with all this praise being lavished on them on this thread we are almost certainly due an almighty cock up this evening.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
According to scouts in attendance on Twitter, David pleat was watching Goldson Tuesday night

thats not quite what the account actually says. It says Pleat was there. (although whether he was actually scouting for Spurs is anyones guess) and Goldson was man of the match.
he could well have been watching any of the players on view. Poor bloke given the fare served up last Tuesday.

[tweet]709660157727395840[/tweet]

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It doesn't seem that long ago that a number of us were being told that Greer should have his place back without question... oh, how times change!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It doesn't seem that long ago that a number of us were being told that Greer should have his place back without question... oh, how times change!

I still think there's a case for Greer over Dunk.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What kind of centre half is Goldson? What are his qualities/playing style? Is he a put his head anywhere war horse a la Terry Butcher? A rolls royce ball player like Rio Ferdinand? A speed merchant like Des Walker?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What kind of centre half is Goldson? What are his qualities/playing style? Is he a put his head anywhere war horse a la Terry Butcher? A rolls royce ball player like Rio Ferdinand? A speed merchant like Des Walker?

He reminds me of a young* me, if that's any help.

*I mean younger

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

He is certainly more Ferdinand than Butcher in terms of playing style

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Goldson will be much better than dunk I'm sure....Dunk has temper issues that he never seems to work on and pulling shirts and lunging in seems common.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here