Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Going to Yeovil and Lewes made me realize

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Just how frustrating football has become in the top league. if that's the right way to phrase it?

No VAR, no big club bias.

I can understand an incorrect decision in these games with lower level officials with no VAR.

But games like today have me absolutely fuming to the point where I think 'whats the point'

Anyone else appreciating the lower leagues after today's performance?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just how frustrating football has become in the top league. if that's the right way to phrase it?

I can understand an incorrect decision in these games with lower level officials with no VAR.

But games like today have me absolutely fuming to the point where I think 'whats the point'

Yeh I know what you mean.

Yes there were shit refs of course, but there was never a serious suggestion of corruption or conspiracy .... apart from that Palace game with all the penalties maybe ...... but when something like that happens once a decade you can kind of put it down to a freak occurrence. That isn't the case now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's a bit like opting for masturbation in case a woman bins you off.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I went to see Lancing v Chatham and yesterday Worthing at home.
It was refreshing (although TBH the only reason I wasn't at Spurs is because I waited to get tickets for others).
Worthing game I don't remember any fannying about, certainly in 1st half.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I went to see Lancing v Chatham and yesterday Worthing at home.
It was refreshing (although TBH the only reason I wasn't at Spurs is because I waited to get tickets for others).
Worthing game I don't remember any fannying about, certainly in 1st half.
Could’ve done with a review of the ref’s appalling penalty call for Chatham at Lancing today though.

:whistle:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yeh I know what you mean.

Yes there were shit refs of course, but there was never a serious suggestion of corruption or conspiracy .... apart from that Palace game with all the penalties maybe ...... but when something like that happens once a decade you can kind of put it down to a freak occurrence. That isn't the case now.
If I recall, the only dodgy penalty in the Palace game was the one given to us.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Could’ve done with a review of the ref’s appalling penalty call for Chatham at Lancing today though.

:whistle:
I thought he had a point. Having said that, I have now realised the advantages of not being allowed to drink beer during a match.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Watching Leyton Orient and FA cup games, I realise how much shirt pulling and dirty play is shielded from the ref. It's an art form and skill set that I thought was a thing of the past in the Prem - then I watched the Spurs game. However, I did used to love watching Doug Rougvie work that hoodoo.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You just dont get 15 angles showing how wrong the Ref was in lower leagues.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Albion being brilliant to watch made up for it but the 'experience' yesterday was a drag and it made me look forward to supporting local non-league sides again even before the corrupt officiating. Ridiculous search policy and complete lack of common sense from stewards over where people were sitting, off the top of my head. Neither of those things really directly affected me but it just felt anxiety-inducingly hostile and draconian. I will probably end up being a boring old man in a bobble hat at Shoreham or somewhere but the way fans are treated sometimes at stadiums is tiring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here