Going to the dogs...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
33057 Seagull said:
...tomorrow (Tuesday) night at Hove Grey Hound stadium.

Never been before, at least can't recall.

Any good tips on betting, form etc. Is it the same as the horses as far as betting goes?

Excuse my ignorance.

No - if you bet on a horse to win each race you are not likely to see much success. Bet on a dog instead and you'll have at least a 1 in 6 chance.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A fair haired bitch coming out of trap 6

Failing that you could always bet on a dog

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Watch closely as the trainers walk their dogs up and down in the pre-race parade. The dog that has the biggest crap will be carrying the least excess weight - put your wad on that one.

Oh and don't forget to yell: "C'MON YOU BITCH!"

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Put your money on late.

Bet to win.

Bet on the dog whose price is shortening rapidly in the last three minutes before the off.

what LB said

just before the race starts, look at the favourite with the bookies, compare to the Tote - if the dog is significantly longer on the tote lump on (on the Tote)

over time this has done me proud

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Bet on the one that Frankie Dettori is riding, he is a top class jockey.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Argus tips are sometimes worth following if you're stuck for ideas. Their best tip of the day is marked (NAP), and their next best tip is marked (NB). They also mark each race with a number of asterisks, with *** being the one they think most likely to win.

And as nobody's mentioned it, there's Tote windows throughout, in addition to rails bookies.

Be lucky!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bet blindly on 6 and 2 reverse forcast all night, every race, and stick to it. This ALWAYS comes in at least once sooner or later.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Tuesday night is puppy night, anything can happen in the betting arena

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Re: Re: Going to the dogs...

Bozza said:
No - if you bet on a horse to win each race you are not likely to see much success. Bet on a dog instead and you'll have at least a 1 in 6 chance.
very good
unless there are only five horses in a race:shootself

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
The one time I went I bet on the third favorite every race with the bookies on the rails and did pretty well.

The dog that has a shit is always worth sticking a couple of quid on though.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I always come away well if you hold your nerve on a particular bet all evening- i favour a 1-2-6 forecast. always bet small on that one and when it comes in the win can usually recover any other bets you have had throughout the evening.

Great laugh...

D

Deleted User X18H

It is simple the dog that is straining most at the leash and most on its toes will win no matter what is price.

D

Deleted User X18H

hove born&bred said:
It is simple the dog that is straining most at the leash and most on its toes will win no matter what is price.
Sorry i mean during the parade so get a good spot to view

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports