Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Going to the doctor

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I have heard of these type delays in appointments etc but must say that wife and I are registered with Northlands Wood practice and we phone up in the morning about 8.30 and get an appointment for that day. I cant remember the last time I didnt.

Yes, they are very good, BG. I cannot remember the last time I didn't get an appointment on the same day.

There are three really nice doctors and one that I try and avoid. All the locums I've seen are very kind as well.

When I asked how many patients they have, the figure astounded me so they do a brilliant job.

Dolphins (opposite Beechurst and the Harvester Grill) - it can take up to a fortnight to get an appointment for mental health and even longer for Linwood. :ohmy:

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Btw millions of ££££ are lost by people not bothering to turn up for their appts.

I had a surprise appendectomy on Christmas day a few years ago, amazing service, I was surprised whilst waiting for op hearing the young docs talking to old guys around me about missed appointments. He couldn't stress enough how much money it costs the NHS, they didn't really seem to give a shit. Shame really. I was back in the hospital two days later for the birth of my twins, again amazing service. I do find GPs seem to fob you off though, from my experience anyway. Makes me not want to bother in some cases.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here