Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Going to Sussex Cricket…..

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
My sons shown a recent interest in the game and I’m gonna take him along to a 1 dayer in a couple of weeks. I haven’t been for a loooong time so - can the kids still play cricket on the outfield during breaks and can he take a cricket bat so we can use the nets ?

I used to go many years ago when you could literally walk straight past the old guys on the gate and they didn’t care so I’m presuming times have changed ?

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Kids still get to do all that and players seem happy enough to donate their autographs. No sneaking in now as they are quite rigid. Free from 4pm to get in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My sons shown a recent interest in the game and I’m gonna take him along to a 1 dayer in a couple of weeks. I haven’t been for a loooong time so - can the kids still play cricket on the outfield during breaks and can he take a cricket bat so we can use the nets ?

I used to go many years ago when you could literally walk straight past the old guys on the gate and they didn’t care so I’m presuming times have changed ?
When I went to a Champo game last summer you were allowed on the outfield at tea but not lunch, suspect it’ll be permissible during the innings break and after the game

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Not sure if the nets are still open to the kids, as that whole area was redone (IIRC??) and the team uses it now. Wouldn't be a problem taking a bat and ball along though just in case....I may be wrong. Someone whos a regular out there would know more than me Im sure.

When my lad was younger we did just that at an U19s England game at Hove vs India. Tymal Mills was there watching, so my lad asked him to lob a few balls down to him, which he happily did. Little did we know they would end up as team mates one day lol :ROFLMAO:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
They will ask you to use nothing harder than a tennis ball on the outfield, bats are fine. The nets are generally out of bounds nowadays since they redeveloped that part of the ground. Free entry after 4pm on County Champ days, or on heavy rain days. Players always happy to sign autographs/selfies.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There are two lanes of artifical nets called "The Shark Tank" at the Cromwell Road End and open to kids.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Last one: can i still bring alcohol in to the ground ? (As I say it’s been a while since I’ve been).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Last one: can i still bring alcohol in to the ground ? (As I say it’s been a while since I’ve been).
You'll need to, the way they been playing recently

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes you can. Limited to 4 cans or a Bottle of wine I think

Update:

6. Alcohol Policy:
  • For all cricket matches at the Ground, the alcohol policy is:
  • No alcohol will be permitted to be brought into the Ground for all Twenty20, 50 Over Floodlit, Tourist, The Hundred, Domestic Final’s and Women’s International matches in addition to any other match that the Club considers appropriate.
  • Four 500ml cans of beer/lager or a 75cl bottle of wine will be allowed for all other Matches: No further alcohol will be permitted on any subsequent re-entry to the ground.
  • Any alcohol in excess of these limits will be confiscated, disposed of and not returned.

Last edited:

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
You can. Strictly speaking 4x500 ml cans of beer or a bottle of wine for CC games and non-floodlit 50 over games.

In reality, I've never seen anyone's bag searched for a CC game. The Tins Taliban are a T20 phenomenon.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Last one honest. What’s the best stand to watch from ? I’ll be with my 13 year old son.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only been to cricket at Hove a couple of times. Can never quite get used to being welcomed as a valued guest rather than as a potential criminal, as is the case at football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here