Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Going to Spain & fancy a dip this summer...?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fancy swimming on an uncrowded beach this Summer?

50c99201e014bca630f32bc3d19e549d.jpg

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Until their main prey show up then it will be unlikely they will ever establish themselves in these waters , i doubt one overweight grey seal at Newhaven constitutes a mass exodus of Great Whites from their favorite hunting grounds into the murky waters of the english channel , a increase in seal population however and all the ingredients are in place for them to start migrating to our waters on a regular basis , and perhaps a resident population in time .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep we know that, but not seen around That part for a lifetime let alone a 15ft.

It’s very exciting isn’t it, until some damned N.African fisherman kills the beauty no doubt. I did see a huge ones teeth in Malta once, the cafe owner sold me a photo of it too nearly 21ft, caught there in late 80s. Seen the same guy in same photo in several books too so quite interesting to meet the chap in his humble cafe years later.

This has caused quite a stir in the science community tonight.

Has it?

shrug.gif

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Until their main prey show up then it will be unlikely they will ever establish themselves in these waters , i doubt one overweight grey seal at Newhaven constitutes a mass exodus of Great Whites from their favorite hunting grounds into the murky waters of the english channel , a increase in seal population however and all the ingredients are in place for them to start migrating to our waters on a regular basis , and perhaps a resident population in time .

That sums up conservation for me. Artificially reintroduce a lazy unfit species to a long-lost environment, and swiftly there is uproar as a kiddy gets bitten in half by a bloody shark and, thereafter, nobody dares go swimming anymore. If only our countryside were overrun with rats - this would really enhance the chances of re-establishment of the golden eagle. Right, I'm off now to rub honey all over my naked body and offer myself to wasps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here